80's Technics Integrated Amps

Ι am sorry,but what do you mean exactly?
That, can we use svi 3205 or svi3206,or not?Both of them will be compatible with svi 3204 A?
do you know sites tha i could find this items?
Thank you for your response :)

3204 = 2x 80W
3205 = 2x 110W
3206 = 2x 130W

They're ALL PIN COMPATIBLE.

Now i believe that i understood what you mean.So i can use for our amplifier one of these selection 3204,3205 and 3206.
Do you know where i can find them?and how much do they cost?Here, in Greece, I can find them nowhere.

Thank you very much again. :)

I've got an SU-V6 that I got on a craigslist lot for next to nothing which I finally got up and running. This amp is incredible, and gives the most obvious and significant amp-based upgrade to sound that I have experienced. Granted, it was in my garage driving Rectilinear HiBoys and compared to an AVR, but I'm really impressed. She needs a proper recap before I drag her into one of the house setups.

Hi, Technics enthusiasts. I've had a good look through the thread and haven't heard mention of the su-610.
I acquired one from my local dump recycling shop ($10, I think). It sounds great (have been running JPW ML-510's as well as some modified/reconditioned vintage/home made speakers) - very clean, flat and... ballsy. I couldn't believe it when I found out it's only 40w per channel, especially since I'd been using an su-500 (also 40w). Do they use different chips or is it the bigger caps & transformer making all the difference?

I really love this amp - the minimal, solid design (pity about the plastic front) match the clean, solid sound nicely. The problem is an intermittent cutting out of the left channel. It usually sorts itself out if I play randomly with the knobs & buttons but I have cleaned the pots so it's not that. I've tried re-soldering the connections from the volume pot to it's board - which always seemed to fix it... temporarily - no luck. Anything else I should try?

And any info on this amp would be appreciated. I'm guessing it's not high end by any means but it's always impressed, especially when it's going properly!

SU-610 and SU-500 are both based on SVI3102. The SU-500 had a longer run and saw SVI3102 SVI3102A and SVI3102B. The SU-610 was a later model and was fitted with SVI3102B. Interestingly when the BC module SVI3102C came out, the SU-610 was rebadged SU-VZ220 (and the input selector knob was the only cosmetic change)

Both are simplistic amps, the 500 plastic faced and has the heat pipe heatsink. The 610 has the alloy face ang the thick alloy heatsink.

As for your volume issue, it could be a dry joint on the ribbon cable or maybe a bad pot. (you said resoldering that seems to temp fix it?)

3204 = 2x 80W
3205 = 2x 110W
3206 = 2x 130W

They're ALL PIN COMPATIBLE.

Now i believe that i understood what you mean.So i can use for our amplifier one of these selection 3204,3205 and 3206.
Do you know where i can find them?and how much do they cost?Here, in Greece, I can find them nowhere.

Thank you very much again.:)

I really like the SU-V5. In fact I am thinking of acquiring one in order to use it for casual listening, because I don't feel like powering up my big amp all the time (gonna have to treat her with care). Furthermore, the V5 has the exact same dimensions (face plate-wise) as the SU-A4 and similar looks, so it would probably be a nice fit.

I really like the SU-V5. In fact I am thinking of acquiring one in order to use it for casual listening, because I don't feel like powering up my big amp all the time (gonna have to treat her with care). Furthermore, the V5 has the exact same dimensions (face plate-wise) as the SU-A4 and similar looks, so it would probably be a nice fit.
There are a couple SU-V3 going in ebay.
The V5 is a tad more powerful but the looks are almost the same.

I brought home a SU-V76 today for super cheap. Was looking for a receiver on craigslist to use while I repair my Hafler and saw it for $25 so went and grabbed it.

Not at all disappointed with the $25 I spent on it, it works and sounds great, pushes great power to a set of bookshelf studio monitors, very surprisingly good bass (love the super bass), even the headphone amp section is far better than I expected it to be.

Much smaller than I expected it to be too, it's a pretty tiny amp consiering the size, but i've been very happy with it so far.

Didn't see it mentioned in this thread so just curious where it falls in with the rest?

Once the hafler is fixed up (thermal sensor went bad) I will probably go mad making this Technics as nice as it can possibly be. Replace all the pots with really nice ones, redo all the wiring, go all out...

my technics su v3's left channel burns speakers.. it has voltage output on it.. what could be the problem???

Less likely, but easy to check beforehand: wrong DC offset.
Otherwise, probably fried transistors. If you're confident with a voltmeter, go and check every transistor in the output stage.

I'm listening to Jazz on an SU-V95 as I write this. It's hooked up to a ST-G7 tuner and a pair of Polk Audio Monitor 4 speakers in my office. Very sweet sound, the 95 has a plastic face, but it also has robust construction with a heat pipe and puts out about 100 watts/channel.

Less likely, but easy to check beforehand: wrong DC offset.
Otherwise, probably fried transistors. If you're confident with a voltmeter, go and check every transistor in the output stage.
i have checked all the transistors.. its all good.. i think the op-amp is the one at fault... i will update after i replace my op-amp (an6552)

Hey guys im new. looking at a complete technics system 1986 wanted your guys professional opinion on this setup. just wanted something decent for my bedroom. i have the pioneer 1080sx for living room. the system is as follows .any help or opinions is greatly appreciated.

st-s74 tuner
st-su75 amp
sl-p115 cd player
rs-t24 duel cassette deck

price $180 shipped.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom