901 series three

turkster

Got em for free have a little fuzzy sound to them. Do they need to get refoamed. They are series 3 do I need the eq for them or can i run em like that?

They probably do need refoamed, and yes, you really do need the EQ to reach their full potential.

The first 901 series with foam surrounds, yes they will need refoaming, don't run them without doing that or you can damage the drivers.

And while you can run them without the EQ, they really sound like crap that way. Unlike some other speakers that came with equalizers, these were not designed due to used without it, due to the very aggressive equalization curve at both high and low frequencies.

I'm lookin kinda leary of buying electronics on line.
Especially ebay. Buy other stuff but not electronics.

eBay is surprisingly safe for buyers - you're fully covered if the item isn't as described (the seller even has to pay return shipping).

I've bought and sold Bose 901 equalizers on ebay with no problems. Gonna be a long road ahead of you looking for a series 3 eq locally. The foam is going to be an online purchase too.

Keep in mind that you need to match the equalizer with the series. I believe the series 3 and 4 equalizers were the same. If not, I will be quickly corrected.

They are. Some were labeled as Series III, some were labeled as Series III/IV, and some were labeled as Series IV. As far as I've been able to tell, they're all the same.

Back
Top Bottom