A dozen 'new' LPs (& a couple cds)

bully

Got a dozen LPs at a local thrift shop this afternoon. Just took the long way home from work.
Coryell & Mouzon. Heavy Cream. Ry Cooder. Stones Black & Blue.
A few looked really clean. A couple I've listened to sound no worse than many of mine old LPs. 69 cents apiece.
Drats, I forgot to bid on an SP-15 on eBay.

Just cued one of the LPs from Heavy Cream.
Other albums I scored:
Water sign / The Jeff Lorber Fusion.
Every picture tells a story / Rod Stewart. (well, the one of the bunch I have had, if I still don't, hey, 69 cents)
Back together again / Coryell & Mouzon (WHEW!!)
Night of the living dreggs / Dixie Dreggs
Moontan / Golden Earring
Black and blue / The Rolling Stones
Ross Traut / Ross Traut [analog master audiophile pressisng]
The Tubes / The Tubes
Mott / Mott the Hoople
Borderline / Ry Cooder

Listening through the Optonica RP-4705, with a well-used AT cartridge/stylus. Powered by the big Concept 16.5. What a sweet sweet receiver. Could become my favorite quite easily.
Hey, I paid for 12 albums, wonder where the other one went?
Got a Joan Osborne cd, too, and a cd of 60s 'dance favorites' that I remember fondly, bubblegum, but what the hey!

pete, sez the temps off the streets late yesterday afternoon hit 111F here. Ugh. Humid, too. The ol' Roxie-girl does NOT like going outside. Poor ol' baby. She's gotta have a couple suspiscious tumors removed, AGAIN. Damn, that poor old girl, but what can we do? She's still feelin' as good as can be for her age, and the doc said, well, with her history, let's remove 'em, she's healthy and happy. Well, OK.

My best cartridge in use (Shure M95HE) with the new N95ED stylus in mounted on the SL-23. Funny, but now my cheapest TT is the 'best' one I have!!
Oh, BTW, the other album was Aja. Spinning now, and it seems to be in as-new condition.
Withe the big PA5001 amp, the C-80 pre, and playing through the P-530 speakers, what an amazing amount of detail.
I've probably gotta grin to match the one VJ's been sportin' since he got the G-22000 home.

pete

I can dig those Dixie Dreggs:D I saw them years and years ago at ASU opening for Rufus I think:stupid: Back in the days of "smokey" auditoriums.:cool: I can get into that Mott the Hoople too, one of my first exposures to real rock. Sorry to hear about Roxie, I've got a Lab going to be 14 in Nov. The heat and humidity is awful on his bad ticker. What can you do? Show the dog as much love and care you can. Find a human that will put up with as much as a dog will and be happy to see you when you get home! Brad

Nice haul Pete. I'm trying to find a decent copy of Aja. Mine gone missing and I guess it didn't survive one of the culls a few years ago.:( I did find Ry Cooder's Bop till you drop recently..

Jack

Back
Top Bottom