A few more pics from the fest

ekmanning5

Time has told me...
First off; what a great time I had this weekend. AK fest far surpassed all my expectations. What a fabulous job you all did! The gear was great of course, but I think the best part of it all was meeting all the fellow AKer's that attended. I only have a few pictures as I seemed to get easily carried away by good music filling a room.
First room I went into was Kegger's. Paul showed me how nice a pair of Polk's could sound in the right setup.
Next was Pakprotectors room. Hey-Hey! "Mother Nature's Son" never sounded better. Thank you Douglas.
Retro and Army's Spec gear; simply awesome!...

Attachments

• image0003.jpg
    image0003.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 124
  • image0005.jpg
    image0005.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Here's Rick Flynn with NOSvalves VRD amps. I spent a lot of time here and gained a new appreciation for Simon and GArfunkel music.
Cosmo's room. Dan has the best sounding Yamaha speakers I'VE ever heard.
Punker X in front of Dynaco Mark III's.

Attachments

• image0007.jpg
    image0007.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 88
  • image0009.jpg
    image0009.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 98
  • image0012.jpg
    image0012.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 125
Here's Denewmaa and Squidward with their creations. Thanks for some encouragement Ed. The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.
DGWojo with the rare Altec 604 8H.
And last of all, the esteemed Mr. Wigwam Jones.

Attachments

• image0013.jpg
    image0013.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 129
  • image0021.jpg
    image0021.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 293
  • image0028.jpg
    image0028.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 123
DGWojo with the rare Altec 604 8H.
Thanks for taking that pic, that driver weighs a ton, Kegger also gave it a heave!! We really enjoyed the numerous visits and conversations with you, now we just have to talk Mrs. Manning into letting you get large speakers and tube amps!! OK, who am I to talk, I'm not running tube amps YET, but after this fest I'm convinced that's the way to go, when PunkerX played Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon (twice) on vinyl - I just kicked back and enjoyed it like no other time before. I hooked my speakers back up and home and they just don't sound right on solid state!! Dave. :thmbsp:

attachment.php

Thanks for taking that pic, that driver weighs a ton, Kegger also gave it a heave!! We really enjoyed the numerous visits and conversations with you, now we just have to talk Mrs. Manning into letting you get large speakers and tube amps!! OK, who am I to talk, I'm not running tube amps YET, but after this fest I'm convinced that's the way to go, when PunkerX played Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon (twice) on vinyl - I just kicked back and enjoyed it like no other time before. I hooked my speakers back up and home and they just don't sound right on solid state!! Dave. :thmbsp:

Well we're half way there Dave. I picked up my restored Eico hf-81 from Craig at NOSValves on Saturday. I had used the fest as my excuse to pick it up. By the time I left it had become my excuse to go to the fest. :yes: Now all we have to do is convince Mrs. Manning that Altecs and Klipschs will look nicer in her living room than teeny weeny Dynaco A-25's!

Great to finally see some of the people I have done business with: dgwojo for lamps, PunkerX for tuner work...

Nice job Ed.

Thanks.

attachment.php

Dave, would you please tell me (us that weren't at the Fest) something about that speaker on your left? The one with the oak cabinet. Thanks.

Terry

And ONE more thing out of my AKfest notebook that I scribbled in all weekend, before things get away from me (as they always do);
Thank you to guys I haven't mentioned in one of these fest posts, Drybasement, wish we could have spun some Brubeck (back when I joined I loved that avatar of yours!),
Army and Retro, Dmaxx99 (congrats on your prize), Wajobu (you too Walker), Pustelnikr (wish I could have had about two hours to talk to you), Tentoze God bless you as well, Luvvinvinyl, Balleylongford, Rich PA, kegger, and you too Grumpy, great job and next year I'll do more than nod and grunt at you :D. . I'm sure I'm missing someone so forgive me. Oh yeah, who was having the conversation with me about Shawn Phillips? Thank you too, He'll be on the platter tonight.

Dave, would you please tell me (us that weren't at the Fest) something about that speaker on your left? The one with the oak cabinet. Thanks.

Terry

Hi Terry,
First, like a post card, "wish you were here", we had a great time seeing everyone. The oak cabinets were made by a guy in Iowa, a professional/commercial sound system installer for large venues. On Saturday we had the Altec 604-8H coax's in them, that was before the picture was taken, that's why I have the driver in my hands. We switched to a 416-8A woofer, BMS 4552ND horn driver coupled to an Altec MR931-12 Mantaray constant directivity horn, crossed over at 1600hz, Eminence 18db high pass, 12db low-pass crossover with Lpad. The huge speakers next to them are PunkerX's Model 19 Altecs, enjoy, Dave.

Altec_604-8H_Back2.jpg

Altec_Studio_Maonitors_02.jpg

Altec_Studio_Monitors_421.jpg

Ed,

I'm so glad that I had a chance to meet you! Thanks again (in public!) for the Genesis LP :yes:

You ought to post a pic of those awesome Converse sneaks too :banana:

Back
Top Bottom