A Million Little Things

I'll go along to see how they handle this difficult sensitive topic, hoping it doesn't go off the rails or go dry.

I think this is the way TV is heading for awhile. The same way we went through waves of lawyer shows or doctor shows or CSI or NCIS variations. The networks see This Is Us doing well in the ratings and all want their own version.

I had a lot of hope for the show based on the preview and while it was well acted and I was intrigued by the secretary and what she was hiding it just wasn't for me. I enjoy dramas but not so much the 'who is sleeping with who' story lines. The similar love triangles turned me off of Manifest.

What seems to hurt shows a lot of times is they have to hit the audience with everything in the first episode or risk them not watching more to see things develop. Several of the twists could have been revealed throughout the season to slowly build drama and not make everything so obviously messed up so fast. Sometimes it would be better if they let us get to know and like the character before they reveal their dark side.

Back
Top Bottom