A New Member of our Car Family

KingBubba

"Too Much Stuff"
My wife has been wishing for a sports car of various kinds since we were married 21 years ago. Due to the pleasant direction the stock market has taken in the last year we are able to deal with this, at least for a while.
My wife has been passing this used car lot for the past 6 month drooling over this Miata convertible which is kind of an odd metal flake teal color. I think this color had made it hard for the shop to sell. I sent them an email and said I would be willing to buy it for a reasonable figure. They have been asking $8995.00 which was BS for a 2003 M-5. It only has mileage of 45,000.00. The guy sent me a price of $6350.00, which is about what I was willing to pop for. The car is truly spotless. The top looks brand new. It has good tires, but it needs an alignment. The test drive was fine and there will be a new battery thrown in.

It will be nice to be able to drive with my wife and not have her comment about every little car we see. I'm at around 300lbs and there is not much room for my fat ass; so she is guaranteed that the car is hers, not mine.
It will be fun for her. At least she will have something she can call her own, which, up to now, she hasn't. The only thing I won't like is the extra $1200 a year in insurance it will cost. It is a cute little bugger. Here's a picMazda M-5 2003.jpg

Some say "Miata" is always an acceptable answer to any kind of "what car" question.

What car is fun?
What car is best for...?
What car should I buy for...?

Etc

Enjoy!

Not my type of vehicle, but they do have a very good reputation. Wit that low of mileage and not being in the salt belt, it should last a very long time.

A friend of mine has one .She loves it.Your wife will be making lots of new friends ,they have quite the following right from stock to little monsters.If I was buying new id like a fiat 124 spider or a miata maybe.

Last edited:
I was 303 pounds last April. Today I'm 228. Yes....it IS possible to drop weight! Try it. I never felt better.

I wasn't the definition of a fat slob at 303 however as I'm 6'5".

Oh....nice car.

Forget the Fiat. Fix it again Tony. I had the 128 and had to do brakes before 30,000 miles and CV joint before 45,000. Never again.

Nice car, a lot of aftermarket parts for the Miatas. Does it come with the lifetime engine warranty?

Nice little car,but between the OL's purse and my big fat a**,that ain't ever gonna happen here:(

No warranty. I have to drop the top to get in. From my butt to the top of my head is too tall :confused: I won't drive it much.

Back
Top Bottom