A novice with roots in the 70's

Mick1putt

Last week I saw a pair of Advent 5002 speakers, and Luxman L-430 amp advertised in a neighborhood email list; in a moment of divine inspiration I decided I should buy them.

Although I still love to sit and "seriously" to listen to music, I have to admit about 98% of my listening is convenience motivated; i.e. Spotify through a bluetooth Fugoo speaker.

Even though I've been around a long time, I consider myself a novice, and have forgotten most of whatever I might have once known about hifi audio. My first system was put together when I was in college in the 70's, and I still use the JBL L36 speakers I bought then. I've bought a few turntables over years, currently using a Denon DP-300F, and Technics SA-EX 410 Receiver (soon to be replaced with the Luxman).

While doing some research on the Advents and Luxman, I found this forum and look forward to learning from more experienced AKer's, and maybe getting serious about this.

I'm posting a couple of questions about the Advent 5002's and the Luxman in the appropriate forums, help me out if you can.

Welcome to the AK, Mick. I too was blissfully ignorant since the 70's until about 7 months ago when I stumbled back down the audio rabbit hole headfirst via craigslist. Many pieces of gear later it's gonna take a Holy Hand Grenade to get me outta here! Watch yourself or the bug can bite you REAL bad. That being said the people here are great and their knowledge is indispdensable!

Back
Top Bottom