A Question about my Pioneer DV-563A

2DualsNotEnough

Addicted Member
Right now I have my DV-563A hooked up in the Mancave in a two channel set-up,using it solely for music.I have several SACD's that are both multi-channel and Stereo,but I dont have a TV hooked up here,so my question is:How can I use the menus to set up the disc to play in stereo?I cant find anything in the manual to help me if Im not using a tv.....
Any advice would me mucho appreciated :ntwrthy:

No TV blues

2 Duals,
Me thinks that the unspeakable must happen, a TV must find it's way to your abode:( I'm not 100% on this as I'm only looking at starting into the DVD-A and SACD formats with surround but I thought I'd throw this in so you wouldn't feel lonely;) Bob

Let me know how you like the DVD-As when you get it up and running

DV-563A

I had the same problem. My system is a music only system for which I use the DV-563A to play both DVD-A and SACD. I bought a 13" television just so that I could perform the setup. The cost was about $80. The only alternative would be to borrow a televison from another room just to do the setup. Once it is set up you should not have to redo it.

tcdriver

Here's what I now know, (short,REALLY!)

I made a pilgramage to Tweeter and Best Buy yesterday to pick up the 578A-s. You definitely need a TV to see what it is that you're trying to accomplish. After seeing the menu and all of the screens, you'd never figure it out without it.
Now, when you get that TV hooked up, you can explain all of the different screens to me:dunno:
All I know is that DSOTM sounds good along with Allison Krauss on my Sansui Quad:D :D Bob

I used to have the 563 hooked up to my Ht system,but now I use it with my vintage system,and I guess I'll have to hook it up to another tv,so I can play my dvd-a's and SACD's in the stereo mode.BTW,I'm finding that as with any source,the quality depends on who mixed it into the format.I love the dvd-a's of Hotel California,Rumours,and Fragile,but I despise the one of Al Greens greatest hits.Now the SACD's are much more of a mixed bag.A lot of the mid sixties dylan sound really condensed and strange.The Dark Side Of The Moon sounds terrific.Thanks for all the advice!
Jimmy

I knew it!!!

Thank you, I knew I wasn't going crazy looking for a DVD that did not exist. I'm referring to Hotel California. I was sure I had seen it advertised or reviewed somewhere but when I bought my 578, the guy checked his computer while I did the manual look thing and said "I don't see it in the computer". Maybe Best Buy doesn't have it yet. And Rumours, that'll definately be on the list!!
Alison Krauss Live is a good DVDA. SACD DSOTM sounds good to me also. Bob

Tower records in VT? LMAO

No, Tower records doesn't have a store in VT. I'll check in the FYE(smaller version of Tower) today and see what they have. Thanks for the info.

On another note, Diana Krall on DVD-A looked good at Tweeters. I'm not one for jazz, but she definately grows on you, and so does the music. Bob

Back
Top Bottom