A Thank You Note to Bose Bashers

My Note 8 has been going reliably for about 9 months now with regular updates. One of the things I like about it is the added storage I have for it. 200GB microSD card + 60 GB internal and a FiiO Q1 DAC and I can bypass the internal DAC and listen to loads of CD quality Flac and hi rez files on my headphones when traveling. The sound of that Q1 and the Sennheiser 579HD, and I can actually enjoy music with cans. The note function is nice, but I don't use it like I thought I would. Unless this phone takes a dump I don;t see changing i anytime soont, especially for lack of storage.
Yeah that’s one thing I missed about my note was the external storage , I bought the highest storage for my IPhone X 256gb and have not even thought about running low however it would be much better if I was able to swap out micro sd cards as I wish . The Dacs in the galaxy phones are pretty darn good so I’m not surprised your getting good sound out of it with hi Rez files . I had a note ever since the first one up to the 7 and I always used the note feature because when I had meetings when I was in the Army it was extremely convenient to not scribble on paper and possibly loose it . I just took my notes and emailed them to my self later , came in very handy .

Audiofreak71

My phone is reliable too. Hasn't caught fire in more than a month!
That will change with the next update, lols

I have a Mac and am dreading the next unnecessary OS update, the one to High Sierra caused all kinds of issues with users - Apple are at the point now where they roll out updates before all the bugs are ironed out, and we pay the price for dealing with this type of inefficiency. I really think they are losing their edge.

I'll start.

The Porsche 911 is absolute junk. All 7 I have owned were plagued with issues. I especially warn you to keep away from the air-called models, as they overheat all the time and will cost a fortune to fix.

There, I did my part. :)

Dr. Bose measured the direct vs. reflected content at nearby Boston Symphony Hall and found that it was 11% direct and 89% reflected. He then reasoned that the speaker should deliver its sound using the same ratio.

The obvious miscalculation is that you get a mix of direct and reflected sound in any room. The 901 can be fun sounding if you don't mind instruments sounding as though they are twenty feet wide.

Amar Bose understood the concept of how reflected sound works about as well as Don Leslie understood how pipe organs worked.

You sure it isn't just the fact that most people don't want "big old speakers" in their living rooms anymore, and not "bose bashers", which killed second hand value? How many stereos do you see in show homes, or design oriented magazines? I don't see many except in older homes which haven't been renovated, or in the home of a music enthusiast.

Twenty years ago, a home without a stereo of some kind was an anomaly, now the opposite is true.

I for one like Bose for fans like the OP. A few months ago I bought a fine working pair of 901 Series IV with good EQ and the Chrome Stands for $100.

And 2 weeks ago, I sold them to someone like the OP for $450 :)
View attachment 1331962
Wow what an good investment!!! Vintage Bose are much better then the acustomass garbage they create now days. I’ve not heard there soundbar or Bluetooth speakers tho .

Over 10 years ago, I bought a pair of Bose 301s via CL. Just wanted to see what the hubbub was about. They were okay, but no better sounding than my old Boston Acoustics A70s. They were not going to replace what I had then, my B&W DM302s, though.

I kept the 301s for a while, then gave them away. I still have three pairs of B&W speakers.

Well I will admit I was Bose 901 basher! But hey "everybody was!" But 50 years of continuous production?? That says something?? If I stubble across some tool unloading a pair of 901's, for next to nothing?? They are "mine!" Apparently these days my ears are pretty flexible in what they find acceptable, good enough for me. :)

Gotta say - I have a full Bose system in my Mazda and it's the best sounding in car audio I've ever had.
I had a Bose system in a 99 Acura CL and it sounded awful; I ended up replacing the entire system. But my next car was an Infiniti G35, which also had a Bose system, and that one sounded pretty good. I ended up replacing only the head unit since it was cheaper than getting the stock unit repaired.

I had a Bose system in a 99 Acura CL and it sounded awful; I ended up replacing the entire system. But my next car was an Infiniti G35, which also had a Bose system, and that one sounded pretty good. I ended up replacing only the head unit since it was cheaper than getting the stock unit repaired.
The Bose Studio on Wheels in my G37 is a very good sounding system, and the Bose system in my wifes 370Z is pretty damn good for a factory system too. True HIFI no, but way better than a lot of other supposedly 'high end' factory car stereos I've heard.

Mine has several speakers, an amp under the passenger seat and a sub that goes very low hidden under the trunk floor. I like me some Bose, oh yes sir.

Twenty years ago, a home without a stereo of some kind was an anomaly, now the opposite is true
So true. As a kid in the 80s, they were everywhere, including my parents house. Now I'm like one of the few my age that has a stereo like that. My friends always say how good the music sounds at my house. Pretty much only like the sound produced by big speakers. Bose doesn't have bad speakers, they produce good "Bose sound". Bose sound is just not big enough for me. Anything with a sub woofer almost automatically gets a no in my books. Not one of my 70s models Jensen's require a sub.

Gotta say - I have a full Bose system in my Mazda and it's the best sounding in car audio I've ever had.
I forgot about that, my 2014 Buick LaCrosse has the 12 speaker Bose system with external amp that sounds reasonable. I had better systems back in the day when I installed them myself, but for a stock car it isn't bad. My new Hyundai Santa Fe has an Infinity system that is not quite as good sounding as the Bose, but we are talking smaller interior of a car vs an SUV interior.

I'll start.

The Porsche 911 is absolute junk. All 7 I have owned were plagued with issues. I especially warn you to keep away from the air-called models, as they overheat all the time and will cost a fortune to fix.

I appreciate it! I'm looking at an '08 GT3 and can use a dip in prices right about now. Speaking of, it rides lousy, has a small gas tank and the clutch rattles something fierce. Terrible.

I'll start.

If they were so bad, wouldn't you have to be a bit of a slow learner to buy seven of them? :D

Back
Top Bottom