A thread about watches perhaps?

bemoth

So, I do like watches.
I don't have anything really fancy, but I do own a few watches.
Mechanical movements are my thing, just feels more real.

Show us what you're wearing and tell us which ones that you are planning on buying.

Personally I'm on the hunt for a vintage Rado, something in the lines of a purple horse/golden horse, but the amount of frankenwatches is horrible!

Some in my rotation right now:

Tissot Seastar 1000
5b23692b-5eba-43af-b7ae-3bf40ccdf045_zps292be694.jpg

Vostok Amphibia:
869e4091-8d41-4a4d-8eb7-d938796dec21_zpssah9x7r3.jpg

Omega Geneve:
0833a881-cf3d-4045-80ad-5bf3449f23e4_zps8e86147e.jpg

Sure, I'm down. Omega automatic 1967. "Old man" style vintage watch band. Looks better in leather. For some reason I can't wear leather watchbands...

Attachments

• Omega.jpg
    Omega.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 40
Watchuseek is a cool site. Mainly my collection is of Seiko 5's, Citizen 7's and a few Vostoks. I like the automatics. :)

Attachments

• 1611215d1409103288-vostok-boctok-komandirskie-$_57-6-.jpg
    1611215d1409103288-vostok-boctok-komandirskie-$_57-6-.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I just picked up a brand new Tag Heuer Link on a really nice sale. I absolutely love it. Might have been the most expensive impulse buy of my life (this coming from a guy who has posted on AK numerous times and done copious research on trying to find a $700-$800 turntable stereo system setup).

I dabble in old watches from time to time, have a 1952 Seamaster that looks just like this one. Took some $$ for a new crown and an overhaul but the watchmaker did a great job and it runs just fine...

omega_seamaster_03.jpg

You guys must be on WUS to have all these good watch images.

My go to is a Seiko 200m automatic diver. I can't remember the model. I also have a Victorinox Maverick Chrono and Summit XLT, Citizen Ecodrive, and Casio pilot style G-Shock. Vintage Elgin, vintage Tissot, and maybe a few others....

"A wrist is a terrible thing to waste."

I'm on WUS but got kinda burned out fast on the silly stuff.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

My top 3 Seiko's.
The divers one in the middle uses a a battery,the other 2 are Kinetics. The one in the blue case is my no.1 fav.

002_zpsvx5qk3ep.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I used to collect watches. Had a few Tag Heuers, a Rolex, quite a few Invictas, Stuhrlings, Hamiltons, a Glashutte and an Omega. I've actually sold them all. Not sure why. I kept an Orient Automatic that I like, a Seiko with Faceted Crystal I've had since I was 18, a Croton Titanium, a Citizen Eco Drive Tank dress Watch and a Swiss Army my Girlfriend bought me. It's actually one of S.A.'s high end watches and very nice. That's it.

The only real Collectible I ever had (and still do) is a 1958 Breitling Automatic with leather band. I had it reconditioned about 5 years ago and the Jeweler offered me a surprising amount for it. I refused. It belonged to my Father. I'd never sell it. I'll see if I can snap a pic of it tomorrow. Too lazy to dig it out tonight for a photo.

Smartphones have put a dent in wearing watches with so many people.

My Buser Explorer. First watch I ever bought (with my hard earned paperboy money). Still have it and it still works fine.

Attachments

• BUSER EXPLORER.jpg
    BUSER EXPLORER.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 28
Beautiful watch! A true classic. I hope you wear it often. That watch needs to worn and enjoyed.

I dabble in old watches from time to time, have a 1952 Seamaster that looks just like this one. Took some $$ for a new crown and an overhaul but the watchmaker did a great job and it runs just fine...

omega_seamaster_03.jpg

I like that Seamaster a lot.

I have an Armida A7 brass, and for knocking around a Bertucci A2-T. Here's the Armida. The brass has darkened a lot since this was taken.

15190835321_fa5fed90f2.jpg

I'd eventually like to get something a little classier and/or vintage like a Seamaster or Tudor Ranger.

Wow, we need to revive this dead thread!

I seem to hoard, er, collect everything, including watches.

Here is one of my favorites and it gets lots of comments. Not many have seen a modern Timex automatic! Would have been better with some sort of Swiss or Miyota movement, but I guess a Seagull will have to do. I think these are still available on that auction site pretty reasonably. I've had this one for a couple years now.

Timex.jpg

I don't have the knack to post photos here anymore, but I picked up a 17-jewel Waltham at an estate sale for $2.50. It lacked a band, so they must have considered it junk. I did not.

Wow, we need to revive this dead thread!

I seem to hoard, er, collect everything, including watches.

Here is one of my favorites and it gets lots of comments. Not many have seen a modern Timex automatic! Would have been better with some sort of Swiss or Miyota movement, but I guess a Seagull will have to do. I think these are still available on that auction site pretty reasonably. I've had this one for a couple years now.

View attachment 1046511
Here is a watch thread.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/whos-got-a-nice-watch.154443/

Back
Top Bottom