A Warning If You Have An ATS13 Stylus This Could Happen

Stanton681EEES

Addicted Member
I had the plastic assembly break on me. I also had a second one break around where the little screw attaches the stylus.Backside AT13E.jpg AT13E2.jpg

Well I was lucky I was able to have the new stylus transferred to another stylus assembly. Thanks to our own Needlestein.

Wow, never heard of that happening before but there's always a first time for everything.

Still looks good to me though. Trim the rest off and plug it in, position it correctly and lock it in with a drop of UV cured plastic adhesive.

You'd pay a premium for that kind of customization. ;)

Wow, never heard of that happening before but there's always a first time for everything.

Still looks good to me though. Trim the rest off and plug it in, position it correctly and lock it in with a drop of UV cured plastic adhesive.

You'd pay a premium for that kind of customization. ;)
read my post above I had it transplanted and it's sound as good as new.

More photos and the finished product.

Attachments

• Broken ATS13.jpeg
    Broken ATS13.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 79
  • Replanted  ATS13.jpeg
    Replanted ATS13.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 81
read my post above I had it transplanted and it's sound as good as new.
Tried that once but it didn't work out. Dimple in the donor didn't align with the screw of the new holder, so the elastomer donut didn't make full contact with the backing plate. There's a sticky substance on the elastomer that I believe is part of the damping mechanism so they have to make contact in order to meet spec. It still worked alright, but the images weren't as tightly focused.

I'm glad you're happy with it. I know those AT needles can be a biatch to remove....

The last pic looks more red than orange is it a nude elliptical or shibata?
I have 2 orange aftermarket and an OEM that has a reddish hue that is for the 14 being shibata.

I've had several AT11/12 carts that when I received them the only way to remove the old stylus body was to break it off in pieces. In that case the brittle old plastic was a boon.

Back
Top Bottom