Accuphase p-300 no power?

redd_audio

I bought this amplifier not working thinking maybe I can fix it. It appears that someone was playing around with the R13 resistor and power button and the wires are not connected and I am not sure where they go? Does anyone have a picture or 2 of this wiring section? I was also told the power transformer was no good but I am not 100% sure? Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

its hidden in the corner with the relay, someone would need to dismantle the side panels etc, a competant repairer would be able to sort it,
I have it apart but not sure what color wires go where? I thought a picture or two would sort it out for me. I didn't see any online so I thought I would ask here.

ah found one, the wires to the resistor will go across the contacts, i wouldnt try to wing it as wrongly connected the mains could cause a catastrophy or something like one
Thank you very very much. Now I have to find out where the 2 ends of that rectifier goes to?

HiFiEngine has the service manual. I wouldn't try to reconnect disconnected wiring without one.
I want to thank everyone who offered their help to me. I took my Accuphase p-300 in to a reputable place for serving after being told by the first place I took it to it was the power transformer. I got the results back today saying that the power supply and transistors need replacing. It's going to cost $360 to have everything done. It's is getting a full rebuild. I think the price is more than fair. And they love restoring the older vintage audio gear and said it will be a pleasure to work on it. I can't wait to get it back. So thank you guys for everything.

Make sure you get notes of the work that was done.

As these amps generally need other things done to them as well. There are some large transistors in the amplifier sections that may need replacing (if your DC offset fluctuates and the protect circuit kicks in) plus there is an analog IC in the protect circuit which sometimes needs replacing too.

Hopefully however you will be OK once these guys repair your unit.

Back
Top Bottom