Acoustic Sounds, Analogue Productions, Quality Record Pressings

They did offer to replace just the record for $23.50 shipped, but I refuse to pay for the same record twice.

Feels Like Home, Norah Jones.

I don't want to tell you what to do, but all her AP albums are going out of print. (Come Away With Me) is gone and that's a $100 record now. They look like they still have this title in 200g for $35 at AS, is yours the 200g?

How bad is the noise? I mean generally all their records I have played are quiet, but these where done in 2012 and early work for QRP. Maybe bring it by and we can play it on my table.

BTW a record can and will get better the more you play it, it will clean and polish the grooves.

I don't want to tell you what to do, but all her AP albums are going out of print. (Come Away With Me) is gone and that's a $100 record now. They look like they still have this title in 200g for $35 at AS, is yours the 200g?

How bad is the noise? I mean generally all their records I have played are quiet, but these where done in 2012 and early work for QRP. Maybe bring it by and we can play it on my table.

BTW a record can and will get better the more you play it, it will clean and polish the grooves.

Yeah mine is the 200g released in 2012. Lots of single pops/clicks, scattered throughout. I'll run it through the ultrasonic again and can play it several more times, but it's not a great listen when you have that kind of noise throughout.

Yeah mine is the 200g released in 2012.

I'm waiting for them all to go out of print:rolleyes:

IMG_0481.jpg

BTW they only stamp 1000 records with the same stamper, so if that was the problem the likely hood of getting another from that stamper is nil. They might have made a bad batch of vinyl or had the heat wrong that day or week also.

BTW If you want one of mine you can have it, we can open one and see how it sounds.

@Goodfellas
I know you haven't been on the site a little while and I'v kinda neglected the thread a bit but I haven't stopped buying because I want the best records.

However knowing I want the best records I'v been noticing something lately. I feel a marketing game going on that for lack of a better word is pissing me off.

AP comes out with a new title, a nice record and at 33.3 RPM, I buy it and maybe two because that's who I am. I want the best I can get and leave one sealed just in case something happens. But it's not the best because you all come out latter with the 45 RPM. You all used to put the best 45 rpms out first and then the 33.3 rpms.

So me being me I want the 45 RPM, now I have to buy that one on top of the others in 33.3 rpm.

Please tell the boss that I'm going to start waiting to buy any new title unless we get some info as to how the roll outs are going to be. I feel like I'm being hustled to tell the truth and a chump for not waiting or knowing if you are coming out with a 45 rpm of the same title.

As an avid buyer I would want to see the 45 rpms first, or at least let us know in the listing of a 33.3 rpm title that the 45 speed is coming out soon.

Buy both ya cheapskate. I do.
I know, that's what I end up doing but the thing is space for records. And with as many new records that are coming out I'm constantly adding more space for new. I'v even been selling thousands of old issues, admittedly still buy them as well. The only rooms in my house that I don't have records stored is the kitchen, two bathrooms, the master bedroom. Living room, Family room, two spare bedrooms and the garage are all full of records.

I made this vid to show some of my box sets, and this is only one room.

AP/AS/QRP group is just amazing! Quite a grouping Chad has assembled there. And now acquiring the gear that the mastering god Sax has one time touched!!!
Awesome! His QRP plant has rapidly risen to the status that rivals the better plants around the globe.
As a consumer I just wish AP was friendlier. Harsh shipping and a return policy that will leave ya' shy to purchase from them.
I reneged on my 'no more from AP' to pre order the new UHQR. Fingers crossed there are no issues!!

A update on a couple things I noticed, The Doors records like Strange Days, S/T , LA Woman were all out of stock/back order. Normally this is because the production run is done and over with, Out Of Print. They still had a few other titles and the box set that a lot of people decided not to buy because it was a $100 box and book up charge. Anyway it looks like they have started another run of Doors titles and now I see all the box sets are gone. So a couple things, either they are not going to hold production numbers down and let the titles go out of print. They made a false scarcity so people will start buying the box sets to get the titles. Or they cracked open the boxes to supply the titles. Personally I think with their reluctance to number their titles, they will keep pressing if the records are selling....Not good IMHO!!

Earlier in the thread I was bitching about how they are not numbering the titles. Some of the box sets are like the first 1000 SRV 45RPM boxes. Well after that bitching it looks like they stated to number some new titles. I have been buying the Lightnin Hopkins records so I noticed some are numbered. The AS site says that only the first 250 will be numbered and to a series subscribers.

IMG_0795.jpg IMG_0794.jpg

So I guess they under estimated in the listings. I can see a 1000 number copy run, 250 would have been to small.

Last edited:
How dare they press more titles and ruin people's business models.

I like my collection to go up in value not down. I think that way with the way I spend my money. If you think about it converting fiat currency into commodities, anything can be a commodity. It can hold the purchasing power of the currency earned that looses value daily if saved in it's paper form. The value of lets say members vintage gear didn't go up over the last 10 years. The value of the dollar went down, it take more dollars to buy what you could have 5-10 years ago. It's the same with records that are in demand, I can't believe the prices for some used records that I was buying for a couple bucks 7 years or so ago. But anyway, if AP wants to make limited records they need to number them like they used to do and everyone else does.

I like my collection to go up in value not down. I think that way with the way I spend my money. If you think about it converting fiat currency into commodities, anything can be a commodity. It can hold the purchasing power of the currency earned that looses value daily if saved in it's paper form. The value of lets say members vintage gear didn't go up over the last 10 years. The value of the dollar went down, it take more dollars to buy what you could have 5-10 years ago. It's the same with records that are in demand, I can't believe the prices for some used records that I was buying for a couple bucks 7 years or so ago. But anyway, if AP wants to make limited records they need to number them like they used to do and everyone else does.
I like the cost of vinyl to come down(ie the price) so I'm fine if they keep printing more. It means that I don't have to buy vinyl from people who are pushing the price up by buying and restricting the market via hoarding with an eye to profit.

How dare they press more titles and ruin people's business models.
I like the cost of vinyl to come down(ie the price) so I'm fine if they keep printing more. It means that I don't have to buy vinyl from people who are pushing the price up by buying and restricting the market via hoarding with an eye to profit.
I just like to not be lied to in my purchase.

Hear is some old pic disc, lying with the numbers. See the wording change?

IMG_0798.jpg IMG_0799.jpg IMG_0800.jpg

If I'm shopping in the store and I see the one record on the shelf...

IMG_0801.jpg

I expect that there will only be 500 made!!!!

IMG_0801.jpg

But they play wording semantics and add wiggle room.

IMG_0802.jpg

As you see they are not limiting anything but the color witch is limitless.

AP does this BS, and they know it's BS.....They say
limited to 1000 copies per stamper
Released in limited numbers
There is also a box next to it saying out of print.

IMG_0803.jpg

Well how many stampers can you make from a mother?
What in their opinion is limited numbers?
Why are they trying to promote (out of print) on the sticker?
It's all a sales gimmick to plant words and thoughts in your head. Mean while they press their ass off because they are not getting called on it.

And where does my record fall in line of the production run? I don't have a number to go by. Am I the first 10, 100 or at the end of life of the stamper 1000?

Last edited:
I just like to not be lied to in my purchase.

Hear is some old pic disc, lying with the numbers. See the wording change?

View attachment 1209269 View attachment 1209270 View attachment 1209271

If I'm shopping in the store and I see the one record on the shelf...

View attachment 1209276

I expect that there will only be 500 made!!!!

View attachment 1209276

But they play wording semantics and add wiggle room.

View attachment 1209283

As you see they are not limiting anything but the color witch is limitless.

AP does this BS, and they know it's BS.....They say
limited to 1000 copies per stamper
Released in limited numbers
There is also a box next to it saying out of print.

View attachment 1209302

Well how many stampers can you make from a mother?
What in their opinion is limited numbers?
Why are they trying to promote (out of print) on the sticker?
It's all a sales gimmick to plant words and thoughts in your head. Mean while they press their ass off because they are not getting called on it.

And where does my record fall in line of the production run? I don't have a number to go by. Am I the first 10, 100 or at the end of life of the stamper 1000?

Chad has done a lot to preserve our hobby for sure. He is a shrewd/passionate business man.
I purchased some of the MoFi one steps because I believed in their promise of a limit. I also believe that they will not be released in "stock form" in the foreseeable future.
I also ordered the first UHQR from AP, which is limited. I do not however have faith that a sock copy, from same stampers, will not be released in the near future.
AP is fickle, I have confidence in their product quality, not in their promise or the way they treat any issues with consumers.
But the one thing I am sure of is that vinyl is a horrible investment for profit.

But the one thing I am sure of is that vinyl is a horrible investment for profit.
Numbering limited copies has nothing to do with profit for the buyer.
Holding a consistent limit has nothing to do with profit for the buyer.
Knowing where ones numbered record falls in the production has nothing to do with profit for the buyer.
If your paying for the best and what is supposed to be fairly exclusive they should honor that. That has nothing to do with profit for the buyer.

And as I said, converting dollars into a commodity ie: records does not gain profit. It only shows the lose of value of the dollar and the commodity is just preserving purchasing power that your dollar had at the point of purchase.

A person able to buy two copies open one and use it for 3-4 years. Then it goes out of print and doubles in price is a smart buyer. They know how to make there money work for them as in getting stuff for free.

Anyway we are taking my thread off topic. Plane and simple AP should number their so called limited copies so it proves their honesty.

Numbering limited copies has nothing to do with profit for the buyer.
Holding a consistent limit has nothing to do with profit for the buyer.
Knowing where ones numbered record falls in the production has nothing to do with profit for the buyer.
If your paying for the best and what is supposed to be fairly exclusive they should honor that. That has nothing to do with profit for the buyer.

And as I said, converting dollars into a commodity ie: records does not gain profit. It only shows the lose of value of the dollar and the commodity is just preserving purchasing power that your dollar had at the point of purchase.

A person able to buy two copies open one and use it for 3-4 years. Then it goes out of print and doubles in price is a smart buyer. They know how to make there money work for them as in getting stuff for free.

Deleted

Last edited:
There are better ways to make money work for you. Betting on any hobby item is super risky and requires a great deal of luck.
Money much better spent on dependable stocks that pay dividends. Vinyl is a hobby, not an investment. Buy what you enjoy and enjoy it.
Invest in some kind of 401 for the future. Pays now in tax breaks and in the future with gains.
I'll drop this now as it may (?) be off topic as you see this thread. I only mention it because it was mentioned.
I do know what I speak about. Truly.
Rock on!

Stop

Back
Top Bottom