Active multi amping.

Looking and sounding great! Definitely agree with the black out of the speaker surrounds. Which amp is driving which driver? Looks like you were doing a waltz around the hifi with your camera, you also have the same cough I do! Enjoy the fruits of your labors!

Thanks Dave. You're right about the cough and the waltz around the speakers , music cought me.
So B2301 is powering the woofers, Left BA3000 is powering midbass, Right BA3000 is powering mids, and BA 2000 is powering highs .

hehe , yeah you're right .
This mamooth puts out so much power , that even 15inchers can not handle. It's sheer power we talking about. Never tryied it out with 4 ohms load to see what it's really capable off till now.
I remember once we had one in the lab , just for servicing-cleaning and adjustments , we blew up a pair of bozaks with twin 15inchers . We started with normal listening levels and gradually turn the vol up on the preamp. Some time later , the speaker would not , could not shout any louder.Actually it was going quieter. Hehe.Finally they gave up the spirit.
I think , well i know 2302 is not so much brutal with it's power.
Total capacitance in the psu bank is 100000μf for 2301 and only 40000μf for 2302. Οther than that both amps are identical.
We will see, what the 2302 is capable off when it comes here sometime in june.

Last edited:
I'm having some second thoughts and would like your opinion guys.
Apart from the Money that i'm short now, i was thinking of adding a BA 5000 on the bass drivers just for the old school sake. Everything in this rig is old school except for the pair B2301 , C2301.I do have a CA 3000 that can power CD-10 and the rest of the amps. What do you guys say?
I don't mean that B2301 is inferior to my expectations, on the contrary it's exceeding all of em power wise and sonic wise. But just for the looks. I think that a BA 5000 would add very much to the whole mucho style these speakers are driven by.

I like your idea from a pure consistency of a Definitions Series Amps. Having at least one of each of the Amps from the series in the system is also very unique. Build a case to display them, add the CA-3000 and SR-939 (which I know you also have) and you have the complete Series, very cool! Money be damned....

Well, let's say a little straighten out . Grill cover on the right midbass can be seen.I freaked out with all that mess I had turned my living room so I decided to look in IKEA for a pair of auxiliary tables that could house the amps , pre amp and active cross. It turned out to this though since the specific table isn't available. Even better i saved some money and more important space. My HT subs are more spacious , to house everything.

Attachments

• P1010501.JPG
    P1010501.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 35
  • P1010508.JPG
    P1010508.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 36
  • P1010503.JPG
    P1010503.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 34
Oh and BTW CD-10 is siting on my center channel satellite for the present . It will sit on top of CA 3000 after I make my system new interconnects, a bit longer to go from cd 10 to the right side amps. Along with two long ones , one for the line feed of cd10 and one for the output of cd 10 to 2301. I was thinking of using XLR cable for such a long route, about 5 meters . And fix the shielding of the cable only on the side of the intended machine to receive the signal. In other words the shielding get in contact with gnd cable. What do you guys think?

I think I need to shoot another video with all the components set up at their locations , along with the grills on the JBL's.

Me likes! Did you decide to hold off on the BA-5k addition? Its not like you really need another amp.....but when has that every stopped us???? :)

You are always on my mind Dave. I will wait for a bit longer to gather some money , so I can look for a decent BA5K and get it.

Well long time no hear out hear.
Well system is running good.
I had a chat with my friend the Head Ex Technician at Sansui service center here in Greece.
We were discussing about crossovers orders and we came to a point that I could make a different adjustment to my speakers active crossover .
Hence I did . Changed from 18db/oct to 12 db/oct , for the sat. Sub remained on 18db/oct.
Wow what a huge difference this made. I thought at first my speakers went from mute to full spectrum. All the Harmonics were there. Sound became richer and more airy. Heard things I did not.
Wow , what a huge difference this was?
By utilizing a 12db/oct filter on the active cross , not only the drivers come to their intended time aligned spaces , but also the phase gets into place correctly.
Signal does not get lost and counteracted . You get what you should .
Well at least to my configuration. I'm not aware of a counter paste of the drivers but I think they sound as they should .
Any ideas folks?

Again long time no Chat.

The Eagle has landed. B2302 is finally home after 2 years in my friends House over Haverhill.
It arrived by ship 2days ago and is finally driving my Coral dome sqwakers .

Attachments

• IMG_1618.JPG
    IMG_1618.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1621.JPG
    IMG_1621.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom