Adopted families 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms Grumpy

Administrator
Admin
Super Mod
Subscriber
I have to take a moment to say Thank You AK members. Your generosity and participation In Adoping families for the Holidays is beyond any expectations that I could even imagine.

I will be using this thread to tell you about some of the families adopted and the organizations that have benefited from your generosity.

When we consider donating to any organization we always check to make sure that your donated dollars go as far as they can.

Grumpy found a food bank in San Antonio that will our donation will be able to provide over 2,000 meals.

Thank you AK members, this happened because of you .

Here is the story of one of the families AK Adopted.

Last year in May, I sustained injuries in a car accident by a speeding driver. As a result I have been unable to work for the past year. My son is a smart and understanding kid. He has been helping out in the neighborhood to make a few dollars and the neighbors just love him. I’m so proud of him.

He knows that Santa may not have time to stop at our house and he says he understands. I just don’t feel like he should have to go without a Christmas. I don’t think any kid should go without a Christmas.

His father is in the military, unfortunately he wants nothing to do with his son. Fortunately I recently got onto welfare but it never covers all the bills so it is difficult for me to buy my son any gift.

So I am reaching out for some assistance this year.

Here is a short story but heart wrenching just the same.

I never imagined being 55yrs old grandmother and raising my grandchildren because of an irresponsible driver.

I want to provide a Christmas for my 2 granddaughters, age 5 & 7, who lost their father in a car crash last February.

As I always say Nancy, you have the hardest part in this. We just have to try and generate money, give and donate. You actually have to see the sadness of the peoples lives. You know that when your there sure they will be happy and all, but still, there is another 364 day in the year.:(

Thank you Nancy & David.

Happy Holidays to you, yours and all of the AK family and a good New Year!

All the best, Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom