ADS L1530's in Denver

I managed to contact the seller picked them up this morning.

So you're the dirty dog...

I went up to Denver on Saturday to try to listen to them...the seller called me and said they sold that morning...I came home with a nice pair of Bozaks though...sniff...sniff...

So you're the dirty dog...

I went up to Denver on Saturday to try to listen to them...the seller called me and said they sold that morning...I came home with a nice pair of Bozaks though...sniff...sniff...

I did race over there as soon as he called me back. The seller mentioned that there were at least a few others that were coming by shortly.

I managed to contact the seller picked them up this morning. They are now in my living room and sound great! They're not perfect but nothing that is detrimental to the sound and the cosmetic blemishes are minor.
longtime lurker 1 year member swoops in and scores some decent speakers right out front under all those long time members that have been waiting for this kind of opportunity but live too many states away. Well done, enjoy. Sorry for your loss willie-aspen. Something nice will show up. I'll look for your Bozak thread.

Now as to replacing the acoustats, nah, we keep more than one when it's the good stuff but if you let em go, send willie-a a pm.

the 1530 are keepers. I had 6-7 different models inclduing teh 1290 and 910 - the 1530 is truly awesome. Likely the 2030 is the only the beat them (maybe the 1590 in some systems/gear/room).
Keep them if you can or pass to another AK member.
Congrats and enjoy!

longtime lurker 1 year member swoops in and scores some decent speakers right out front under all those long time members that have been waiting for this kind of opportunity but live too many states away. Well done, enjoy. Sorry for your loss willie-aspen. Something nice will show up. I'll look for your Bozak thread.

Now as to replacing the acoustats, nah, we keep more than one when it's the good stuff but if you let em go, send willie-a a pm.

The acoustats aren't leaving my possession. They will most likely end up in the finished portion of my basement to be enjoyed there.

Congrats nuss! I think that's a very good price for an amazing pair of speakers. Unfortunately living 12 hours away and not owning any kind of vehicle that could haul those sort of limited my options.
Oh, and I don't have $900.

1590s just sold up here in wny. $1200 or less
Was gonna link to it but couldnt in time. Lasted nearly a week
The only ads ive seen up here besides 1 set of 400?
Not any bozak either and considering bozak lived here while he was developing drivers and such
Seems loyalty would see more bozaks around

Last edited:
I managed to contact the seller picked them up this morning. They are now in my living room and sound great! They're not perfect but nothing that is detrimental to the sound and the cosmetic blemishes are minor.

The biggest decision I have now is do they replace my acoustat 3 speakers or not. I need to do a bit of listening before I make the choice.

Thanks for posting this thread. I had not found the ad before hand.

Well done, 1530s a fave. Interesting shootout with the Acoustats, definitely curious what you come up with.

1590s just sold up here in wny. $1200 or less
Was gonna link to it but couldnt in time. Lasted nearly a week
The only ads ive seen up here besides 1 set of 400?
Not any bozak either and considering bozak lived here while he was developing drivers and such
Seems loyalty would see more bozaks around

Those were my 1590/2. I had them listed here in Barter Town for at least a month. I loved them to death, but a completely rebuilt pair of 1530s came along and stayed. It was close, but the 1530s won in an unanimous decision. I compared them here:
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/my-take-ads-l1530-and-l1590-2-comparison.769915/
Well done and congratulations Nuss! I look forward to your comparison too!

I agree, there should be more Bozaks around Buffalo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom