ADS L980's

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by GD70, Feb 12, 2017.

1. GD70

GD70 AK Subscriber Subscriber

In the pics I posted in the Freezefest, there's some pics of you and Mike talking to HVHIFI Mike about some headphones. I'm pretty sure you would have heard the Angelica's there, and we all probably talked some as well!

2. GD70

There's no doubt you can feel them. Still getting to know them.

3. GD70

These are excellent speakers! Spent all day listening to them. Except for the 910's, and the Angelica's, these are absolutely stunning sounding.

Old Guy8 likes this.
  4. mike0565

mike0565 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I knew you would like them Glenn. They're one of ADS' best. Only bested by the big floor standers. They're better than 1290's in my opinion.

5. Mr Owl

Mr Owl AK Subscriber Subscriber

Yea, I did see us in the pics, and yes, I do remember seeing/hearing those Angelica's. That was a fun day - I'm sure we did talk at some point.

6. centsless

centsless Well-Known Member

I am just reading some of these posts and saw this. I never said the 980 sounded bad to me...lol. It did when I got them but the drivers needed redone. Maybe that experience dampened my excitement for them....I don't know. I really liked the sound but it simply didn't do anything for me as far as getting a wow moment. Rather than have them sit here and never listen to them, I sold them to a guy who loves them....but he loves the ADS line and has other models. They are like new and wanted them used....not sitting here collecting dust.

Drugolf likes this.
  7. Drugolf

Drugolf AK Subscriber Subscriber

Well, that's completely centsless!
    Good job.

centsless likes this.