Advent 3 Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by darth, Jul 7, 2007.

1. darth

darth Well-Known Member

Are the Advent 3's similar to the Small Advents? I notice the tweeters are different. Are they a good speaker?
  2. RastaFish

RastaFish Where's My Mule?! Subscriber

I have a pair of Advent 3's and I think they are great little speakers, I use mine with a Denon integrated for my kitchen system. The drivers don't look like much, especially the paper cone tweeter, but the rubber surrounds on the woofers are a nice plus and they sound far better than they look like they should. Especially good bass for such a small cabinet. Another big plus is the fact that they look like miniature classic Advents, very nice vintage speaker look in a small package!
  3. jpdylon

jpdylon non-active member...

As Rastafish stated, they are great speakers in a small package. They are smaller than the "smaller advents" have a 6" woofer ans 2" tweeter.

The only flaw of the advent /3 is that they are really inefficient (~85dB at 1 watt) so they are really only good for an office or bedroom where volume isn't needed. Great bass response for such a small box!
  4. Toasted Almond

Toasted Almond Ballbreaker Subscriber

I concur whole-heartedly. Amazing what those boys could get out of a small box with a 6" woof, but a Smaller Advent was in a whole different class.
  5. OvenMaster

OvenMaster Baby, you're my Winterblue Subscriber

They're excellent speakers. They were my first pair of speakers that could be called "high fidelity"... but they suck up power like a black hole!