1. Welcome to the new server. If you would like to help out with the cost of the new server, check out the thread "Audiokarma's server needs your help" in AK NEWS.
    Dismiss Notice

Advent Eternity?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by atrac, Jan 10, 2010.

1. atrac

atrac Active Member

I keep seeing a pair of Advent Eternity's at the local thrift that need to be re-foamed. They've been there for weeks and the usual vultures haven't snapped them up yet.

Do they know something that I don't? They didn't make it to the fantastic Advent Thread (http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=126376) so I am guessing that they are too Jensenized to be worth buying?

Thanks!

2. 10seventy9

10seventy9 Active Member

I have a pair of them and I really love them. I do think that they were at least somewhat "Jensenized", but I love the way mine sound and I wouldn't part with them. When I bought mine, I got them new from a place called K's Merchandise, and they were on closeout, they had been $299 each, and I got them for half off. I had seen them in the store several times but I wasn't in a position to fork out $299 each for them. When they came down to half price, though, I jumped on them, and I am so glad that I did.

3. guscjr

guscjr AK Subscriber Subscriber

I do hope that at a thrift store price, you took a chance and bought them. 'Cause if you didn't, you missed a real bargain. I'm listening to a pair that I got in a package deal from a guy selling his roommate's system for him: pair of Advent Eternity and pair of Advent Questras all needing refoaming plus a Technics 5-disc CD player and JVC Pro Logic receiver - $60 total.

The Eternity's are similar to Advent Heritage (dual 8-inch woofs with dome tweeter) except the cabinet seems a bit narrower and taller and they have a passive radiator. That narrower cabinet gives them improved imaging. The tweeter might be slightly improved too. I just finished refoaming the woofers yesterday so they're not even close to being broken in yet, but I really like what I'm hearing especially in the upper bass and high end.

Bottom line: if you find these just needing refoaming at a garage sale, thrift store, etc., grab them. They are a real sleeper.:thmbsp:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  4. Doug G.

Doug G. Addicted Member

There is nothing wrong with the Jensen era Advents.

Doug

5. lunchmeat

lunchmeat Cannabinoid

I totally agree. I have a pair of recapped Legacy 2s and they are keepers. I have some better speakers but none that I am as attached to. I like them better than my NLAs although they are a nice listen as well.