ADVENT Prodigy tower speakers... worth anything?

They are excellent as good as most of the classic 8 inch 2 way boxes by EPI, Advent and AR. The woofers are very stout with surprisingly large magnets. Larger than classic AR, EPI or Allison 8 inch drivers.

Not to side track but I also had the shorter/wider Prodigy II version and even though they use same drivers, they sounded much better than the towers. :scratch2:
Def... Prodigy ii sound amazing for moderate listen levels. Clean full mids

Know this thread is dead, or long rested, but tossing in my two cents. Bought a set with rotted surrounds, and coils toasted. Paid 5 bucks each, so 10 for the pair, and purchased delivered two sets of coils and cones, and surrounds to ensure if I borked my first recone job I'd have the ability to do it again short order. That was 32 bucks delivered. They have been operational and sounding very well (got it right the first time apparently) for a few years now. Recommend them if you can get them cheap. Mine are in cosmetically very good condition as well. 40-50 bucks total to me was a good deal. Running them right now on a 5006 adcom (new in box condition), and enjoying the imaging in stereo listening.

Know this thread is dead, or long rested, but tossing in my two cents. Bought a set with rotted surrounds, and coils toasted. Paid 5 bucks each, so 10 for the pair, and purchased delivered two sets of coils and cones, and surrounds to ensure if I borked my first recone job I'd have the ability to do it again short order. That was 32 bucks delivered. They have been operational and sounding very well (got it right the first time apparently) for a few years now. Recommend them if you can get them cheap. Mine are in cosmetically very good condition as well. 40-50 bucks total to me was a good deal. Running them right now on a 5006 adcom (new in box condition), and enjoying the imaging in stereo listening.

Guy wants $80 for a pair with good foam & cosmetics. Is that still on the high side for prodigy towers? Have they appreciated in price since 2009?

That seems about right, as described. They're not a high-draw item, like Original Large Advents, or Marantz or Pioneer units. so they've maybe appreciated from general inflation, but not by much.

Listen to them, and see what you think.

I was debating whether to just buy brand new Dayton T652 tower speakers for $100.00 on Amazon rather than old Advents. I have some Advent AS2 speakers that are good sounding. Got an opinion on the new Daytons vs the old Advent Prodigy speakers?

There is a set of ADVENT Prodigy towers on CL by me for $80.00 Are these any good for anything, or should I forget about them? I understand they are not shielded, so they can't be near a TV. Are they decent for regular music listening?
The original Prodigy(not so much the Prodigy II) are wonderful speakers that sold for $350 in the Mid 1980's and sound well beyond their price point. Definitely equal to my Totem ARRO's which were $1500.

RedbowTies88 was last seen:

Dec 8, 2020

Maybe he'll see your post, maybe he won't.

Back
Top Bottom