After RDIO, where to next for you?

trying Tidal trial and wow is it brutal. Makes you-tube seem like heaven. The player says 320bit but it's actually under 100 and sounds amazingly bad. My Dragonfly dac is green.that's level 1 of 4. Spotify premium was 160 for the web player you get no high quality option. If I download the app on my strange device called a laptop with Google Chrome will I get the high quality option?? My membership just lapsed so I can't monkey with settings.
The Dragonfly DAC would be green with any current streaming service and/or all CD quality files (assuming you are sending out a native signal). The green color simply means it is getting a 44.1 signal.

That's incorrect. It's blue on Spotify and I seem to recall it going through all 4 colors when I tried Mog for a bit a bit.

That's incorrect. It's blue on Spotify and I seem to recall it going through all 4 colors when I tried Mog for a bit a bit.

"What does it mean when the DragonFly lights up in different colors?
As mentioned above, DragonFly performs best when audio data is sent to it at its native sample rate. To simplify this, DragonFly lights up different colors when it receives audio data at different sample rates: green for 44.1kHz, blue for 48kHz, amber for 88.2kHz, and magenta for 96kHz."

Source:

http://www.audioquest.com/usb_digital_analog_converter/faqs

I haven't used Spotify in a while, but I would be surprised if they were sending out a 48khz signal. My guess is that their 44.1 signal is being upsampled by your player/computer before they get to the Dragonfly. AppleTV, for example, does this on the fly.

I had MOG and I have never heard that they provided sample rate conversion on the fly. Chances are you were making those changes to your computer's sound output. MOG was never a "high resolution" solution.

Back
Top Bottom