Air Quality ? Yuck!

Frankie's Market

AK Member
Subscriber
smoky.jpg Air quality here in the Pacific Northwest is terrible today. Last week it was bad, the smoke from wildfires in eastern Washington, Oregon, California, and Canada made it unpleasant. Last week the air quality was reportedly worse than in Beijing . Over the weekend it cleared up enough that I went for a 26 mile bike ride. I was hoping to get out on another ride today, but no way, we have a yellow orange haze, air smells like burned garbage. Air Quality is at 204 " Very Unhealthy" . Never experienced it before but it's annoying when you can see the haze, taste it, and have to think twice about doing any strenuous activity.

81 quality here and I can feel it. Nothing like the 250+ from early Sept 2017 though, which was ****ing brutal since I was undergoing chemo right at the same time.

Last edited:
Could still be worse. An old friend in Kennewick noted the AQI was 304 yesterday.

Up here in Minnesota we are seeing bright red sun as it gets close to tree tops. Then it just fades away into something sorta cloudy. Long before sunset.

Yesterday the air quality in BC. was the worst in the whole world .My friend just got back to Ontario from out there and took a picture on the plane and during the daytime you could not see the earth.

Sahara dust cloud over us, and getting the smoke plume here in East Texas, all we need now for the trifecta would be Hawaiian volcanic ash cloud.

At least it has brought the temps down a few degrees.

My little town has three wildfires burning within 25 miles of us from almost every direction. Yesterday was reeeealy bad, today a bit better but still may get an evacuation notice soon. Some cooler weather and some rain without lightening would be awesome right about now.;)

A question for the locals in the PNW. My wife and I were going to head up HWY 97 and visit a few National Parks over the next few weeks. Air quality doesn't look promising. Should we head to Carlsbad Caverns instead?

Apologies to the American Pacific Northwest, from Burnin' British Columbia, for all the smoke.

Apparently the worst air in the world, was in Super Natural BC, this past week.

It's now Day 10, and me and my poor house guests (oh, such bad timing!) are starting to go a bit loopy.

A question for the locals in the PNW. My wife and I were going to head up HWY 97 and visit a few National Parks over the next few weeks. Air quality doesn't look promising. Should we head to Carlsbad Caverns instead?

I would. Poor tourists in BC and Alberta, wanting to see the Rockies and Olympics, have seen nothing but smoky haze. Not to mention the strain on the lungs.

Last edited:
New plans in the making, thanks. Can't cancel hotel reservations, $500 down the drain. It's only $$$$

It has been bad here, in the 170-180 AQI region this week. Second summer of terrible fires (though last summer was worse I think).

Back
Top Bottom