AK-Fest 2004 Images

Discussion in 'AK Fest 2004' started by MikE, Feb 22, 2004.

1. THOR

THOR Fearless Prophet

Either your DSL is not working properly or you have a slow PC or your PC is not functioning properly, if you have broadband you should have no problems opening these pages ;)

2. Jack G

Jack G Super Member

I have crappy DSL(not of my choosing).

Jack

PS. Nobody answered my question.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2004
  3. MikE

MikE Color Me Gone

Jack

I suggested to Brian that we could try the EML's in the Yamamoto but for whatever reason we didn't? MikE

4. CarlV

CarlV AK Subscriber Subscriber

Oh well, next year! :)

Carl

5. Tour2ma

Tour2ma Old School

Mike,
    Thanks for the pics.
    Would it be possible to edit captions intosome or all?

6. MikE

MikE Color Me Gone

Brian

About the sub. I loved to looks of it. But I've yet to see anything built by Terry I didn't like! I thought the sub worked well with the Abby's. And I don't usually like subs!

MikE

7. BrianB

BrianB AK Vendor Emeritus Moderator

Hi MikE,

Thanks for all of the fine photos! And thanks as well for setting up that wonderful Moth amp of yours in my show room.

Cheers,
    Brian

8. MikE

MikE Color Me Gone

Thanks Brian

You know, those closeups of the Yamamoto are some of the best [digital] photos I've taken. I feel bad that Luther didn't get a opportunity to show off his fine amp. :( MikE

9. BrianB

Well, given that one of my primary goals at AK-Fest 2004 was to show off the new Yamamoto A-08 amplifier - and because I prefer to show off components in their "stock" configurations - I wound up playing the A-08 with its RCA 45 output tubes until around 3:00. At that point, I realized that MikE had been waiting VERY patiently to try his EML-equipped Moth amp with the Cain & Cain Abbys, and I turned the show over to him.

Now, I was informed at this point that the Cain & Cain sub would have to leave at around 4:00 - I had just sold the sub, and it's ride to Ann Arbor couldn't hang around until the end of the show. I suppose that I could have switched back to the Yamamoto amp with the EML 45s at 3:30, but I did not want to short-change MikE, given the effort he put into bringing his Moth amp. And, once the sub was gone (and the sub made a BIG difference!), I did not want the A-08 to be judged in comparison to the sound of the Moth with the sub in place.

Needlesss to say, I am looking forward to getting some EML 45s for my Yamamoto amp - many of the differences that we noticed between our amplifiers MikE attributed to the EML output tubes, and I would like to verify this in my own system. Rest assured that I will post my impressions of the "re-tubed" A-08 in the not-too-distant future.

10. BrianB

Re: Brian

I don't normally like subs either! But Terry's new design looks to be a killer - and I'm betting that it will work with a wide range of high-efficiency loudspeakers...