AK Fest 2012

Is it still possible to rent a listening room? My dad and I would be interested. Hopefully we'll have the Magnavox 142's finished by then... :p:

Hey Tmad,

I am pretty sure that will not be an issue, they have not begun renting the listening rooms yet.

Besides auctioning items for sale, what kind of dough do we need to raise to get this thing rolling? Are there other ways that perhaps I can reach out to others to put some money into a kitty?

Really interested in this show, yet another Michigander(Tri-cities), I wasn't following AK for the last one in 2010. I'll keep my eye on this thread.

Following AK Fest 2012 threads

Oh Ya, I am following 2012 AK Fest threads. I am waiting on my toes and head for the time, date and location where it will happen. I just cannot wait. All news is welcomed.

Last edited:
Long time lurker, sporadic poster. Been away from AK for awhile but it's great to see that the AK Fest may make a return... reading all the coverage of RMAF has got me itching for another show.

Of course, AKFest is great because of all the member rooms, even thinking about doing it myself if there's a show next year. Got about 10 DIY projects sitting around just waiting to be finished, and this would be the perfect incentive.

I'm local and willing to help out if possible as well. First step, re-up my AK subscription :D

Whoohooo! Got a member room, and am making a list of what to bring. I might have to sell my pickup and buy a box truck. ;)

Whoohooo! Got a member room, and am making a list of what to bring. I might have to sell my pickup and buy a box truck. ;)

How are you driving there? I have a member room as well but will be picking someone up in Canada and don't really feel like taking my gear across the border if I can avoid it. Any spare room?

I think I'm going to be pretty packed. There are two of us from Rochester splitting this room and sharing my truck. We've already been trimming back our lists of what to bring so we can fit it all . . . between the Bozaks, JBLs, homebrew speakers and source equipment the space is pretty much gone.

Wish I could help!

How are you driving there? I have a member room as well but will be picking someone up in Canada and don't really feel like taking my gear across the border if I can avoid it. Any spare room?

I think I'm going to be pretty packed. There are two of us from Rochester splitting this room and sharing my truck. We've already been trimming back our lists of what to bring so we can fit it all . . . between the Bozaks, JBLs, homebrew speakers and source equipment the space is pretty much gone.

Wish I could help!

Enclosed4x8Large.png

http://www.uhaul.com/Reservations/EquipmentDetail.aspx?model=UV

your dogma ran over my karma!

How about a bake sale for AK:D

Or possibly early AK Fest T-Shirt Sales. I want one of these XL please.

Killer design from OnePixel
and
a killer idea from Olsen,
Selling the shirt at the Fest, during the Fest almost demotes it to pure souvenir status. Souvenirs are nice, advanced promotion stirs the pot and creates anticipation. I too would be interested in an early t-shirt, great walking advertising and a conversation piece! You know, to wear it to social events, the yacht club, church, or maybe the local gay bar. It would really stir up some good PR for our beloved AK Fest.

Happy wearing & Listening!

Last edited:
Just Maybe

I might be able to pick up your friend in Canada as I am in Canada. It all depends where in Canada he is. If I pick him up at 4am on day of show, he should be very close to me. Toronto would be ideal.

Killer design from OnePixel
and
a killer idea from Olsen,
Selling the shirt at the Fest, during the Fest almost demotes it to pure souvenir status. Souvenirs are nice, advanced promotion stirs the pot and creates anticipation. I too would be interested in an early t-shirt, great walking advertising and a conversation piece! You know, to wear it to social events, the yacht club, church, or maybe the local gay bar. It would really stir up some good PR for our beloved AK Fest.

Happy wearing & Listening!

Promote the fest? I just thought it was a great design.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

What I would really like are some homemade baked goods to be eaten in a modern retro T Shirt that promotes the Fest!

Me too! :beatnik:

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

Your freakin me outman!

When did you get the name change?

BTW, I just figured out maybe why I like that design so much....ABC's Sacred Cow.

image.php

Yeah, it's kind of a coming-out party for a straight guy!
Decided to end the mystery. (with a little help from one of our friends)

about the Sacred Cow Olson, is it that ya never dated a girl with more than two... ah utters?! he, he, he!

Happy Listening! :beatnik:

Back
Top Bottom