AK site and login unsecure warning messages

I'm thinking the people who make the rules have a tendency to ignore the users actual requirements. If you're worried about that sort of thing, by all means, use the available addons, or at least give the user the option to go with it or not.

Personally? I say "scruff you!!" <G>

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!

This new fangled Internets really borks how I roll. :mad:

7.0.png
LOLOL I have Firefox 52 set up with that very theme/skin!

I'm thinking the people who make the rules have a tendency to ignore the users actual requirements. ...

Oh, you mean like the message that recently went at work out after people started complaining about slow dowloads?

To paraphrase, "Our bandwidth sucks, especially during normal working hours. If you need to download a large file come in early or stay late, it will be a little faster then."

About a month ago I needed to download a 7GB ISO file of updates. The download estimate was essentially 1 day/24 hours. Brought my laptop home at lunch time, hooked up through VPN, got the file in about 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Oh, you mean like the message that recently went at work out after people started complaining about slow dowloads?

To paraphrase, "Our bandwidth sucks, especially during normal working hours. If you need to download a large file come in early or stay late, it will be a little faster then."

About a month ago I needed to download a 7GB ISO file of updates. The download estimate was essentially 1 day/24 hours. Brought my laptop home at lunch time, hooked up through VPN, got the file in about 15 minutes.
What does this have to do with this thread ??

Sorry your work place is not a good place to download things. Life must suck there.

Frannie

The unsecure? web address warning kicked in yesterday on explorer11..
I turned the security settings to high and the warnings went away.

What does this have to do with this thread ??

Frannie

Check what I quoted.

Sorry your work place is not a good place to download things. Life must suck there.

Frannie

Life, in general, is pretty good there. That, however, doesn't preclude me from grousing about something that needs improvement. But, considering your Admin position, I understand your "shut up and get back in line" attitude.

Last edited:
Check what I quoted.

Check a little higher and I am pretty sure its a response to the Internet Powers (Rule Makers) to be requiring SSL everywhere and how it makes Admin's life hell.

Life, in general, is pretty good there. That, however, doesn't preclude me from grousing about something that needs improvement. But, considering your Admin position, I understand your "shut up and get back in line" attitude.

I will let your Admin/Admins have that fun. But honestly its not a fun job at all and even less so with End Users venting and pointing out how much something else works better somewhere else as if all things are equal. (Not saying you are except here but even though)

Frannie

But honestly its not a fun job at all and even less so with End Users venting and pointing out how much something else works better somewhere else as if all things are equal.

Frannie

I get it. I deal with the same/similar thing every day, just on a different aspect of the Business.

I'm afforded few excuses so I'm pretty sure that is why I'm not so tolerant of them in other aspects.

I miss the good old days when you had to be somewhat SMART to access the internet
and we didn't have every 12 year old or semi-alcoholic troll making ignorant comments in adult conversations ...
I blame the ingress on AOL, for starters!

I miss the good old days when you had to be somewhat SMART to access the internet
and we didn't have every 12 year old or semi-alcoholic troll making ignorant comments in adult conversations ...

Nothing like a good bit of sanctimony to help things along. :)

March Madness always seems to have a detrimental effect on bandwidth in the workplace ... wouldn't be so bad if everyone was rooting for the same team and streaming the same game, right?<G>

"People using modern browsers will eventually be locked out of signing on at this rate."

That's what I was afraid of. The future is now.

Snobbery ?

No, and I mostly fall into the group commented in post #49;)
Which? The 12 year old, or the semi-alcoholic troll??
Or a semi-alcoholic 12 year old? (running and ducking ... ;)

Which? The 12 year old, or the semi-alcoholic troll??
Or a semi-alcoholic 12 year old? (running and ducking ... ;)
LOL I don't drink anymore, so I'm growing up faster now. Could be getting close to 17, you do know I know everything, right?:rflmao:

Some sites like cellar.org do have an SSL layer but they dont force it as #1) Isnt really any reason to and #2) Would cause connection problems with some browsers...

Back
Top Bottom