Akai Frequency Response Test Results

cferry1

Akai model GX-620

Question :
Can these machines actually obtain a Frequency Response of
333 Hz to 17 KHz of +/- 0.27 Db using a input level of - 10 Db ??

+/- 0.27 Db appears very very flat to me !

Using Scotch # 176 tape during the test.
While performing a rather quick Frequency Response Test - very good results !

cferry1

Where did you obtain the FR specification you referenced? Attached is a section from the Akai GX-620 service manual which provides a different specification.

Akai GX-620 Specs.jpg

Where did you obtain the FR specification you referenced ?

Hello dhnash -

My post was actual measurement test results not a specification.

One other member in a different Audio Forum had obtained awesome Frequency Response results as well, on the GX620, after his repair and restore of his unit.

I could post my Oscilloscope waveform test results and look for future feedback and responses.

cferry1

Although you did not indicate at what tape speed your measurements were taken and based on the SM frequency response specifications, it seems that the results you observed are certainly reasonable since the 333 Hz to 17 kHz range of your measurements falls well within the +-3 dB limits of the FR specifications for both the 9.5 and 19 cm/s speeds. The 333 Hz lower end limit is well above the point where tape head bump effects occur and the 17 kHz upper end limit is sufficiently below the point where high frequency falloff becomes significant (especially at 19 cm/s) therefore your measurements cover what is probably the flatest portion of the FR curve.

Back
Top Bottom