AKFest 2012 SMAC Room System

I just totaled up the hours I've spent on tweaking my crossovers. 37.2 hours!!! The real progress was when DC270 sent me his Omni Mic. I still spent 8 hours yesterday tweaking with the help of the mic. Sounding damn good if I say so myself.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

I just totaled up the hours I've spent on tweaking my crossovers. 37.2 hours!!! The real progress was when DC270 sent me his Omni Mic. I still spent 8 hours yesterday tweaking with the help of the mic. Sounding damn good if I say so myself.

Happy to hear the good news Dennis. They will be an excellent addition to our room and what appears to be an excellent DIY showing from the SMAC!

Happy Listening!:beatnik:

I got the tuner ready to go and the CD player, no DAC required, but in case you guys want to try it with your DAC, should I bring some Coax and Toslink cables?

If you need it I'll have a spectral analyzer to bring to the fest and an EQ.. I shutter to mention the possibility of using one, but it may help things :D

You never know Scott. I tuned these in in my room and they could sound much different in a hotel room.

This looks like it will be an awsome sounding room guys. Can't wait to hear it. :yes:

Just so you gents know - the Cleveland Regional Audio Club (CRAC or CRAC-heads as the members are called) will also have a room. This it the first of what I hope will be many more.

It will be great to see what y'all have put together and just shooting the bull with you.

ONE MORE WEEK!

Awesome! I hope we are right next to each other - then folks can try a little SMAC and wander over to try a little CRAC, without too much trouble.:D

Glad you could make this happen, Dave!

Jeff

Maybe I missed it, what's the plan for set-up?

Friday setup begins at 3pm. I'll be there then. It'd be nice if we could have a cart to haul stuff in. If anyone has one please let me know. I will send an email out this week with more details.

Jeff

hey-Hey!!!,
If I don't get something with wheels, this is going to be painful.

Looking forward to meeting the CLeveland club and hearing their stuff...:thmbsp:
cheers,
Douglas

I will bring my little cart. And my Monster speaker cables if they were forgotten.

Excellent, got to have something to pull the cart with.

but seriously, no Monster products...their predatory comporate policies are just too much for me to stomach.
cheers,
Douglas

Important addition

Almost forgot:

If you are bringing equipment that NEEDS or DESERVES an explanation, please type something up and print it out that explains basically what the piece is all about so that the folks looking after the room can answer any questions about it. Obviously, it doesn't have to be a complete list of everything. Just a basic description of the piece. What is it?

I'm thinking specifically about:

Bob's speakers
Dennis' speakers
Dennis' power conditioner
Pak's Amps
Pak's Pre
Scott's Tuner and modded SACD/CD palyer
Dave's Arcam CD player
Mike's Furutech DAC
and my stuff

If you can't print or something, send me the explanation and I'll print it out for you.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom