AKFest06 Gallery Now Online

WOW! What a trip...next best thing to being there.

Gotta love the use of high heels in the Blue Circle 01 picture!

Thanks Luther, well done.

Terry

great pics, a question for attendees

what did folks think of the Zu Druids? i was very underwhelmed by them at CES but understand thats just my opinion and recognize they are not a speaker for everyone. also, they may have been set up poorly at CES... i heard them without the sub and found the sweet spot too small.

styler said:
what did folks think of the Zu Druids? i was very underwhelmed by them at CES but understand thats just my opinion and recognize they are not a speaker for everyone. also, they may have been set up poorly at CES... i heard them without the sub and found the sweet spot too small.
I can only speak for myself, but I liked them. I found with the sub it was a bit bassy, so I had them turn it off. My old buddy Tony Ho brought some music to demo with and we listened to a couple tracks off of Carmen McRae " Live at Birdland" that had really good imaging and detail on the Druids. We then listened to Josh Turner and his baratone voice was brilliant on these speakers. I also found that even off axis these still sounded nice.

Thanks for the pics ! Hell there was a ton of gear pictured that I never even got to see or hear.

styler said:

I'm with you and my SO agreed too.

Too cool, Luther! BTW, would you mind if I borrowed some of your photos for my website?

styler said:

Hi Tyler,

In my opinion, the Zu Druids are yet another "love 'em or hate 'em" product. At the show this year, opinions regarding the Druids tended to be strongly positive or strongly negative, with few folks expressing indifference towards them. For example, Wardsweb and reyneman loved their sound, whereas jcmjrt truly objected to the presentation.

Of course, the same can be said of the Shahinian speakers that I carry. And the Reynaud speakers that I carry. And so on. As I mentioned in another thread here, I tend to prefer products that have definite "personalities", which means that most of my favorite products evoke strong reactions from many listeners.

As for myself, I really like the Zu Druids a lot, even though they sound VERY different from any of the other speakers I carry. Then again, I would never sell products that I was NOT enthusiastic about - that would drain all of the fun out of my little business...

Cheers,
Brian

jcmjrt said:
I'm with you and my SO agreed too.

JC it was very cool meeting you and the SO at the fest, very cool indead!
Did you get a chance to hear the single driver utahs on sunday? And if so
was it a simular experience as the Druids?
P.S. Nice turntable choice and whiskey you have also!

BrianB said:
Too cool, Luther! BTW, would you mind if I borrowed some of your photos for my website?
Not a problem, as long as you send me my tube :lmao: just kidding, go ahead and use whichever you like.

Back
Top Bottom