1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Ak's 2017 Secret Santa Sign up complete, Now what did you get?

Discussion in 'AK Charities & Christmas' started by ehoove, Oct 19, 2017.

1. judsonw

judsonw Well-Known Member

I did what I could to look into my recipient. Probably could have done more, but hopefully it is good.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Smart Ass Sponsor Subscriber

I'm sure it will be, some people are harder than others to see what they like.

mech986 and asilker like this.
  3. telemike

telemike AK Subscriber Subscriber

From the world's biggest Christmas store. I don't have the writing skills to paint ornaments like that

mech986 likes this.
  4. Ballylongford

Ballylongford Bailey ; He's a great guy Subscriber

I don't know about anyone else but some of the best and most generous Christmas presents I have gotten the last couple years have been AK Secret Santa gifts.

I try to reciprocate in kind; don't know if I always hit the mark, but I always try; I mean it's the Holidays, after all

:beatnik:

Ds2000, mech986 and judsonw like this.
  5. jcamero

jcamero GD, a band beyond description Subscriber

I received 2 pretty nice coffee cups that have meaning for an Airedale Terrier owner. My Secret Santa must of went back 2 years in posts to find my replies to a thread. Here are the cups, and my "GINGER". Thanks to my Secret Santa, I plan on breaking them in ASAP.
    S7300070.JPG gingerCopy.jpg

Gardyloo, Ds2000, asilker and 2 others like this.
  6. SPL db

SPL db It's all about the music! Subscriber

Got my present last week, working on getting a picture of it... just wanted to let Santa know that it arrived fine. :thumbsup:

7. mprince

mprince AK Subscriber Subscriber

Thanks Secret Santa! Received an Onzow Zerodust in the mail today, this will be put to good use!

mech986 and asilker like this.
  8. jberger

jberger AK Subscriber Subscriber

Received a santa-ish package, which reminded me that I still need to get mine out.

9. mech986

mech986 Text ↓ optional Posts:>18,000 Subscriber

Wheels are in motion, last part going out today. Heh, a nice challenge this year, hope it all works.

10. mech986

Reminder, Tuesday, Dec. 19 is the deadline for first class delivery before Christmas. You can still get Priority Mail (2 day mostly) and some FedEx ground shipments by Saturday and Friday respectively. of course, if you absolutely, positively have to have it faster, you can obviously pay more for guaranteed 2 day or overnight delivery with USPS Express main or FedEx Express. Otherwise, you can send as soon as you can and packages would arrive after Christmas - Santa's Elves will not penalize you at all.

11. Mark B

Mark B Yamaha Fan Subscriber

Received a package from Secret Santa today! I'll wait until Christmas morning to open it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    imglocked likes this.

12. imglocked

imglocked AK Subscriber Subscriber

As Christmas Day draws nearer, and as I read these "whatcha get?!?" posts, my resolve at waiting till then to tear into my SS gift is getting weaker & weaker, but in true British (which makes up 25% of my DNA!) fashion, I shall keep a stiff upper and carry on!

Fun Fact: my SS's identity IS known to me but he doesn't know that as I have not gone public with that info. He will, if he checks back here and sees this post however! In a plot twist worthy of Serling, or possibly O. Henry, my SS benefactor is also MY SS recipient. I queried our SS mastermind 'ehoove' and was delighted to find out that this situation was pure coincidence, and not by design. So, that said, methinks I should seek a meadery less than 3k miles away and see what all the palaver is about!

As my cousin from the deepest Ohio used to say, God rest his soul, "Merry Christmas y'all!"

mech986 likes this.
  13. Ski

Ski what? Subscriber

My recipient should be receiving their gift in time. However, I did get some Amazon boxes confused and did not send it out until this morning. Santa is busy this time of year.

asilker likes this.
  14. mech986

I did receive a 12 x 12 x 1/2" package (heh, wonder what that might be?) last week but forgot to report in. It will stay under the tree until Christmas as is my tradition, to be opened with a cup of hot chocolate, some tunes in the background, and trying to work off Christmas Eve dinner.

pustelniakr likes this.
  15. AudioKeith

AudioKeith AK Subscriber Subscriber

image.jpg Received my Santa’s gift. Thank you. I am a fan and look forward to sharing this with my young sons.

mech986 and imglocked like this.
  16. Ms Grumpy

Ms Grumpy Administrator Admin Subscriber

I have received my Secret Santa box. I figured that I wouldn't open it until Christmas and I will post what I received then.

17. paulvo

paulvo AK Subscriber Subscriber

I think my SS work for CIA or KBG very Secret .

4-2-7 likes this.
  18. Ds2000

Ds2000 All About every cool stereo component. Subscriber

My secret Santa gift went out a week ago, priority. It should have arrived by now. As for receiving, I got some lovely LP’s.
    image.jpg

Gardyloo and mech986 like this.
  19. kaplang

kaplang Works for me ! Subscriber

Nothing from my Secret Santa so far. Maybe he has been too busy with more important things. My secret Santa surprise has been delivered. Hope the recipient likes it.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  20. kve777

kve777 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I received two awesome gifts and a letter indicating a third is on it's way. The first to arrive was a coffee mug with pics of my Beagle Bailey (see my avatar) and the letter, which brought tears to my eyes. I believe I got the best Secret Santa this year! I will pay it forward next year.

mech986 likes this.