AL Herminoe plank on bulkhead wooden ship

No you are thinking of the Bounty with Capt Bligh!My model is a frigate similar in layout to the Constitution.

I'm thinking of the bloody mutiny aboard the British frigate HMS Hermione in which it's captain, a sadistic swine (unlike Bligh, who wasn't a cruel man and gets a bum rap) and many other officers were killed, many chopped to bits with cutlasses and boarding tomahawks. The mutineers sailed the ship into a Spanish port and sold the ship to the Spanish who renamed it; the British later recaptured it in a bold cutting out expedition. Interesting story.

Well unless she was captured (the kit has a French Flag)I am not sure.I was not aware of the incident that you refer to.Clearly I must research this.THANKS for the HEADS up!

Well I checked Wiki and it states that there were two Herminoe s one French and one British. THE French shop ran aground and was destroyed by the weather .The British Frigate was the ship involved in the mutiny.

I always admire folks that have the talent and patience to do things like this. Thanks for sharing and please.......keep posting progress!!:jump:

Re the British mutiny incident, I think there was a reference to it in the O'Brien Aubrey/Maturin series. It's been a few years since I last read them, so I may be recalling incorrectly.

Yes I just read the book and it was a nasty incident. Most were punished many by hanging from a yardarm!.

Back
Top Bottom