alerts accumulating?

ferninando

Lunatic Member
why do the alerts I get accumulate and I cannot delete them?
they are of no value to me and waste space.
Can someone direct me what to do?
Thanks.

Hover your mouse over 'alerts' on the far right hand side of your screen near the top. Then click on 'alert preferences' - edit your alert preferences accordingly - seems like you will want to uncheck all the boxes to receive no alerts for anything, entirely up to you.

there is no way to remove/delete all the alerts that have already been received.
I have tried removal of all incoming alerts and they continue to come in.

My alerts disappear after a while, and I can only view them by clicking on 'Show All..."

So I don't know why you are still seeing yours - sorry

Alerts.JPG

Last edited:
if you clik on your username then alerts you get ''latest alerts''.
I have a whole weeks worth there with no way of getting rid of them and its driving me nuts.

""alerts'' then show all will get the same thing.

After clicking on my username I can click on 'Your Alerts' - and I can see a list of alerts I have had - they don't bother me because I can't normally see them, why do they bother you? You perhaps feel that they are like 'read' e-mails that you no longer need, is that it?

Just don't click on your username and 'latest alerts', - problem solved !

I am guessing the list of alerts won't continue to grow, it will just operate on a FIFO principle with the oldest being automatically deleted. In any case this is something for the site web admins to think about, the alerts will accumulate on the server and use up disk space.

Last edited:
to me its just a bunch of useless junk that I dont want so why cant I delete it?
99% of which is nothing to do with me.

Fair enough - I see what you mean - perhaps an admin with chime in to offer further information about this...

Back
Top Bottom