Alien Nation (1989-1990)

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by transmaster, Dec 25, 2017.

1. transmaster

transmaster Addicted Member

There was another TV series; Alien Nation (1989-1990) which partnered an LA cop with an Alien. It was a good one too. It was aired in sindication and on regular TV and could not be a rough as Bright is. In Alien Nation a space ship crashed in the Mojave desert it was full of a humanoid people. These Aliens are a very intelligent slave race who have sort of integrated themselves into the LA population. It is a story of 2 detectives and their families. The show can be purchased at Amazon.

2. MaxxVolume

MaxxVolume AK Subscriber Subscriber

I liked the opening scene theme music to that show, I had it on my answering machine.... :)

3. Harryconover

Harryconover Well-Known Member

Yes l liked it as well the interesting part was the connection between the cop and the Alien

4. CT_Ohio

CT_Ohio Active Member

Good series (for one based off of a movie), but done on a TV budget it didn't have much of a chance. For the aliens-among-us TV, I preferred 'V' on NBC

5. NAD80

NAD80 Super Member

Enjoyed the show. For what is was better than some other stuff done in the 80's.

6. hjames

hjames Nabbed ... Subscriber

Yep, it was a Fox TV show, based on a 1988 movie (a kind of a buddy movie), with James Caan as the LA cop and Mandy Patinkin as Sam Francisco ...!
    The movie was ok, not Cann's best SciFi (Rollerball) but the TV version seemed to go forever with endless made-for-TV movies once the series ended ...

CT_Ohio likes this.
  7. soundmotor

soundmotor super modified Subscriber

I watched Bright before Christmas, not bad. I liked the premise.

8. leesonic

leesonic Hold on, here comes the bass. Subscriber

Is that the one where two aliens are trying to insult each other, and one of them says "your mother mates out of season"?

Lee.

9. transmaster

transmaster Addicted Member

I got a kick out of the of the "fairy" that was doing the bug zapper, Daryle Ward (Will Smith) it attacked Ward who then smashed it like a bug with a floor scrubber.
    yes
    Det. Samuel 'George' Francisco: Your mother mates out of season

10. Jack Lord

Jack Lord AK Subscriber Subscriber

I liked the movie and thought the show was pretty good.

Classic scene- probably in the first or an early episode- is when Sykes (sp?) goes to pick up his partner and finds a "race" riot going on. What he says to one particular man is memorable. Another one was when Sykes' case brought him to a Newcomer dating service and the guy asks if he wants to sign up- "Some of our girls are really into human men!"