Always 10 new pages of posts?

leesonic

Captured on security camera...
Subscriber
Just a quick question/concern. Whenever I log onto the new AK site, and hit "new posts", it always comes back with exactly 10 pages. It seems like I could be gone for an hour, or gone for a day or so, but always 10 posts. Anything I'm missing, or a setting somewhere in my profile I need to change?

Thanks,

Lee.

This has been asked quite a few times before - and is apparently a setting controlled by the site admins, if they feel it is appropriate they will adjust it in due course.

Maybe there is a LIMIT of 10. So if there are 20 pages of new posts, you get 10. If there are 6 pages of new posts, you get 6.

I got 8 this time around.

Now I always get either 8 or 9, the OP must outrank me!

With the old set-up, sometimes there'd be 4, sometimes 18 or more, sometimes 11, sometimes 15......

I get 9 with only 20 per page so if I want to see all posts since my last visit, I have to go through the individual forums. I'm presuming (hoping) this will be changed.

I won't worry until I see Robots making posts

Total: 1,228 (members: 301, guests: 821, robots: 106)

Before you leave the site you can click the "Mark Forums Read" button on the top left. Then when you return you will only see new posts since your last logon.

The drop from 40 pages of new posts to 10 is one of the only things that disappointing me about the new software so far. Hopefully once all of the back-end work is done, the number will be raised.

As others have reported, both "New Posts" and "Recent Posts" only display 10 pages. Since this is my primary way of browsing AK this is a major impact for me.

Back
Top Bottom