Amazing earbuds, Yuin PK-2

Avocado Dream

As promised in my other thread about encoding questions, I will share a bit of my impressions of these buds.

They are a standard design earbud type not an in ear monitor, chosen because I don't like to be too isolated from the world while outdoors but appreciate decent sound.

Not exactly main stream items, I got mine from Todd The Vinyl Junkie for $69.99 U.S. and about $10 shipping to Canada. I chose them on recommendations found on the Headfi forums.

These are the best earbuds that I have ever heard by a wide margin, though they look pretty ordinary, they are outstanding performers. All the bass is there, they have good high end detail, the midrange seems just a little bit recessed but they sound very neutral overall. They also have very nice imaging and soundstage albeit the typical headphone type - inside the head and to the sides, not out front like speakers.

They trounced my Sennheiser PX-100's so soundly that I immediately gave them away, they seemed so colored that I couldn't stand to listen to them any more. The PK-2's suprisingly give my Grado SR-80's a run for their money and I'm still not sure which I like better.

I very highly recommend these buds if buds do it for your lifestyle, they are amazingly far better sounding than any portable headphone I have ever tried for outdoor use. Yuin also has a PK-1 model thats is supposed to be even better but need an amp to perform at full potential and a cheaper PK-3 that is said to be quite nice as well - no amp needed for this one.

I have no affiliation with Yuin or TTVJ, I just love these buds, I never dreamed that earbuds could sound so good.

Hope that someone finds this info helpful, feel free to PM any further questions.

- Dave

Back
Top Bottom