Amplifier to match with Piega LDR 3.2 speakers

Which amplifier would match nicely with the piega LDR 3.2?

• Sony TA-F730ES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Denon PMA-1560

• Akai AM-2800

• Marantz PM-6A

• Sansui AU-X501

• Yamaha AX-105

• Onkyo Integra A-9911

• Other; please state in comments :)

• Total voters

Ballerium

Hi there,

I have bought some Piega LDR 3.2 (1996) speakers but my old amplifier can't handle them. So I'm looking for a nice amplifier and therefore I could use some advice from you guys. The speaker information from the manufacturer is enclosed in a picture. The recommended amplifier power is 20 to 250 (I think W/P/C). I listen to all sorts of music but mostly to psytrance and goa. Because I have close neighbors I think about 100 W/P/C would be sufficient. I have the option of the following amplifiers (with a budget of about up to 400):

Sony TA-F730ES (€375)
Denon PMA-1560 (€300)
Akai AM-2800 (€400)
Marantz PM-6A (€400)
Sansui AU-X501 (€250)
Yamaha AX-1050 (€300)
Onkyo Integra A-9911 (€300)

I'm not sure but I think the Piega LDR 3.2 speakers can be described as precise and somewhat clinical so maybe I need to buy an amplifier with a somewhat 'warmer' sound but I can be mistaken. However, the kind of music I listen to might need a more clinical sounding setup. I think I tend to the Onkyo Integra A-9911. What do you think which amplifier would match nicely with the Piega LDR 3.2?

Attachments

• PIEGA SPEAKERS.jpg
    PIEGA SPEAKERS.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
44 views and no reaction yet. Did I do something wrong? To me it seems like a good question with a decent set-up. I know sound is very personal but come on guys you can probably tell me something about these amplifiers or brands. This forum wouldn't even exist if people wouldn't discuss and have different opinions about sound and devices but noooo the childish crappy topic with 'The worst piece of hifi equipment you've ever owned' gets all the comments. So wtf is this forum all about then he?

Thank you for your reply. Oke so I will wait for more advice to come. For in the meantime I will search for better amplifiers with a higher budget of about 6 to 800. Could you please explain to me why the amplifiers would have a hard time driving the speakers cause they are all rated for at least 4 ohm impedance. Oh and I'm in the Netherlands btw.

Back
Top Bottom