Another 2440 hook up question

Stabone454

hello everyone!
I have successfully done all the hook ups between my 2226B and the 2440. Does anyone know in simple terms how to hook up an equalizer to this setup? I’d like to use it with the phono and aux primarily if that makes a difference. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Jay

Attachments

• 5A1DBCBF-41FB-4E3B-B374-F026815DBDE6.jpeg
    5A1DBCBF-41FB-4E3B-B374-F026815DBDE6.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 16
Pre OUT to EQ IN, EQ OUT to Main IN. Goes between the pre-amplifier and the Main amp. Remember the EQ is going to boost your volume so keep the Main Amp volume low as you start adjusting the EQ. Hope that helps you.

thanks! Just did it, works perfectly. I wanted to try that but this would be my first bi amp situation. I didn’t want to make a mistake. Thanks again!!

im running 4. 2 off the front on the 2226b. And two off the main of the 2440. The issue I’m having is the eq only now powers the front two speakers and does nothing for the rear two. Do I need 2 equalizers? The sound is now uneven.

im running 4. 2 off the front on the 2226b. And two off the main of the 2440. The issue I’m having is the eq only now powers the front two speakers and does nothing for the rear two. Do I need 2 equalizers? The sound is now uneven.
I don’t know these quad adapters very well either. I have one but not in use. I looked at the 2440 Op Manual connecting section and thinking may have to do with the Tape out signal from receiver? Perhaps it is separate from your Pre-Out signal and therefore not part of what goes through your EQ. Probably need to look at your receiver schematic to verify this is true or not.

Didn't realize you were trying to run speakers off of each amp. That's a no go. You're EQing the signal coming from the receiver that you are taking the pre signal from and EQing it into the main in of the other receiver. That's the only amp you can put speakers on. When you took the signal out of the Pre section you disconnected the amps of that receiver. Now it's just a driver for the other receiver.

I’m sorry if these are basic questions, I’m really good with everything else I’ve just never had a decent eq before. Not used to useing one yet

I have the same set up except different eq anyway line out on eq to front tape in and line in on eq to front tape out on 2440

Back
Top Bottom