Another cool drop, Koss Portapro

Discussion in 'Headphones' started by RamblinE, Aug 10, 2017.

1. RamblinE

RamblinE (╯°□°)╯彡┻━┻ Subscriber

2. VinylDan1

VinylDan1 Member

If I didnt spend so much on cans already this year I'd be in for that.

3. Raynald

Raynald AK Subscriber Subscriber

A real update would be a wireless version!

4. RamblinE

I just spent $400 on building materials for a renovation. Not to mention the portable AC I had to buy. My partner is footing the bill for paint. If I didn't have so much on my credit card this would be a no brainer.

Yeah but where are you gonna put batteries? My wireless headphones were designed with that in mind. There was already room for all the extra equipment in the ear cups. I don't think you could preserve the aesthetic and make it wireless.

5. Raynald

Probably right, but some companies have done wonders in bringing out wireless versions that were just a bit thicker than the originals. AKG with the Y50 and Y50BT come to mind. Of course they might have designed the original with the eventual WL version in mind. I don't think Koss was thinking decades ahead when they designed the Porta Pro.

RamblinE likes this.
  6. RamblinE

That's funny because I have the Y50BT and was referring to them. After the Samsung Galaxy S8 came out people got the free entertainment bundle with it which included the Y50BT. A lot of people are selling them now. I got mine a few months ago for $50 unopened (clear packaging). I like their mids and I like their battery life.

7. Raynald

Another coincidence, I was actually thinking of picking up a pair. The C50BT which is the identical Canadian Costco version often pops up for sale at decent prices.

I really like my Urbanite XL WL for the office, terrific sound with great battery life and freedom to move around. I have used them for travel but they are bulky. I just picked up a pair of Monster Clarity HD in ear WL and they are great for portability but the 6 hour battery life does not cut it for intercontinental travel. Any other thoughts or comparisons on the AKG?

8. soundboy

soundboy Super Member

I am really tempted. My exposure to the Porta-pros is limited to the limited edition version (I have the beige ones). I like the finished on the Porta-pro X.

MUST RESIST !!