Another INFINITYs back to ROCK !!!!

Discussion in 'Infinity Loudspeakers' started by elnaldo, Oct 4, 2010.

1. elnaldo

elnaldo Addicted Member

edited: deleted empty post.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. elnaldo

elnaldo Addicted Member

3. goodolpg

goodolpg AK Member Subscriber

Album works ok for me.
    WOW.
    Nice job saving a rough pair of Qb's.

4. kswenson

kswenson AK Subscriber Subscriber

Elnaldo those look beautiful!
    Excuse me if you already explained earlier in the thread but how did you treat/finish the cabinets?
    Anyone seen any QBs with alternative colored grill cloth ? I need to put fresh cloth on mine and considering another color. Maybe something like what MCM_Fan did with his L36 Decades
    http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....6-decade-restoration-i-need-your-help.710060/ depending on how the cabinets turn out.

5. Mark B

Mark B Yamaha Fan Subscriber

Stunning refurb!

6. elnaldo

elnaldo Addicted Member

Cabinets are MDF with real wood veneer, and a polyurethane coating. A woodworker did it, not me. Colour was chosen from a color palette at the woodworker's. A bit reddish to my taste, but once finished not many chances of changing it. Front and back were painted with a "simil piano black". glossy finish, not shiny, not matte.

I never thought about changing the color of the grilles, just bought the only brown I could get down here. There are picts of QBs with black grill cloth here at this forum.

7. kswenson

kswenson AK Subscriber Subscriber

Guys I'm having some trouble with the imaging on my QBs. I've bee so struck by the clarity of those EMITs that I haven't noticed (until now) that the imaging is kind of vague... any recommendations?