Another KLH 25 Console - rare version?

Haven't been on this thread for a while but will be posting a new update soon. Is anyone still looking for a manual? I do have a PDF I can send along.

Hello just picked up a Model Twenty Five. Ok shape, record player and auxiliary is great, no FM at all. I see there is a schematic inside, just now plugging away on this I usually do test equipment and AM tube type stuff. Looking for a manual.....trying to find a SAM's has not got me any results yet.

Seen more than a few of those while growing up.....

Decent sound and almost indestructible from the use I’ve seen !!!

Got the Twenty Five running on FM now. The last IF transistor is bad...I bypassed for now with a cap and ordered a replacement. If anyone is interested in pic of the bad area or cabinet after I cleaned it up I can post that I suppose. Anyone got a good service manual for this thing if I had to do an alignment without a service manual that would not be good LOL hi hi. Sure sounds decent though in my haste because I wasn't sure what I would need to get this going I picked up another 25 receiver/turntable off of ebay. Now I really don't need that with no cabinet or speakers...might go back on ebay or keep for parts.

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask some questions, but I recently acquired the KLH Model 25 console through a friend of a friend and I found this forum while searching for more information.

Regarding what I know about this console, I believe it was in a house for quite some time before being put away into a climate controlled storage space. The condition seems good for the most part. I haven't delved too deeply into the guts of the machine (and I'm not overly handy so I don't know much!), but from a surface level it does need some dust/gunk cleaned out of it. I'm also unsure regarding the condition of the electrical plugs.

Regardless, I'm curious to try my best to make some repairs and get it running again, but I definitely need some help! What's the best way to clean something like this out safely, what should I look at in terms of what might need to be replaced, and... really I just want to learn more about this beauty! I included a few pictures below, but I can certainly include others or other information if need be.

Thanks so much!

Chris

20180911_221117.jpg 20180911_222252.jpg 20180911_222301.jpg 20180911_222308.jpg

Haven't been on this thread for a while but will be posting a new update soon. Is anyone still looking for a manual? I do have a PDF I can send along.

I would love a .pdf of the KLH 25 manualnif you still have one. And thanks in advance!

Got the Twenty Five running on FM now. The last IF transistor is bad...I bypassed for now with a cap and ordered a replacement. If anyone is interested in pic of the bad area or cabinet after I cleaned it up I can post that I suppose. Anyone got a good service manual for this thing if I had to do an alignment without a service manual that would not be good LOL hi hi. Sure sounds decent though in my haste because I wasn't sure what I would need to get this going I picked up another 25 receiver/turntable off of ebay. Now I really don't need that with no cabinet or speakers...might go back on ebay or keep for parts.
Haven't been on this thread for a while so just saw your messages, if you are still looking for a service manual for the twenty-five you can look for a twenty-four manual, they are much easier to find. The electronics in the twenty-five are identical to the twenty-four.

I suppose this is a solid state vs tube amp?

It is indeed solid state, almost everything KLH made was solid state. The only tube model they made was the model Eight FM radio, their first electronics venture. After that everything was solid state including the famous Model Eleven portable stereo.

I hadn't seen this thread before, that's one of the coolest consoles I've seen and I check everyone I see just in case, and there never is. It just makes me want to throw some Ella Fitzgerald on and crank it up!

Nice unit, I just scanned and sent an owner's manual to you. These things have really nice sound and can fill any room. I recapped and re-doped the speakers in the one I have (tweeters weren't functioning), and they came to brilliant life! Also installed a new stylus but I want to goof around with it's weight, currently about 3.5 grams. Good luck and have fun!

I recently got hold of one of these myself - would you be able to send me that owner’s manual as well, or any other documentation you may have? Thanks in advance!

I recently got hold of one of these myself - would you be able to send me that owner’s manual as well, or any other documentation you may have? Thanks in advance!
Hello there, I no longer have the Model Twenty Five console, the manual went with it when I sold it. The member I sent the pdf to is "droh" who posted in this thread. You could try contacting him either by pm or posting here, maybe he can forward it to you. I had stored the original on photobucket, which I no longer use since they decided to rip off their members. Good luck, that's a fine piece of equipment if you have a strong back.

Back
Top Bottom