Another Maggy Thread

Also if anyone is interested I took one of the lower voltage push pull 6v6 maggies and
redid the circuit for low feedback an a 12au7 as the driver/splitter, worked pretty nice.
(I could post the schem, including the supply for this one)

So, what do you think, is it one of your favorite Maggie 6V6 iterations?

I need to go find where the maggie project is stored so I can work on it a bit.

Dan

Hey Cool, yes I find MOST of the carbon comp resistors in these things have drifted A LOT..

Unfortunately in this type circuit too pretty much all of the driver circuit resistors are critical
to the operation of the phase splitter, the cathode and plate resistors on the triodes, an the
grid resistors of the output tubes all play a part of setting it up properly.

I never can remember what resistors are recommended as replacements for the carbon comps that are found in lots of tube stuff, and I need to order a pile of them this weekend...

I pretty much use carbon film, there quiet like metal film, but a similar sound as
carbon comp, not quite as euphoric though, but in signal path better then metal.

I pretty much use carbon film, there quiet like metal film, but a similar sound as
carbon comp, not quite as euphoric though, but in signal path better then metal.

I was thinking that carbon film was the recommended replacement. Thanks for the verification. :thmbsp:

Time to start working up some parts lists for a ton of tube gear...

Any more Maggies news?

Jay is yours still the same?

Stan?

Anybody?

(Yes I'm trying to keep the thread alive Jay) :)
Caution! 4 year old thread!
I'm pretty sure I left mine just like it was. If I'm not mistaken and he still has it, it's at Ron's place pushing some sort of hornage I think, while I'm working on a real deal amp for him. Triple 2A3 monos with a separate supply chassis.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom