antipodean audio

CIMG5847_zps9779b4a5.jpg

Thanks cubs.

There's a new amp in the house. Called 'Trinity' - a trio of 6sn7 is what it is I reckon.

KakaoTalk_20140817_131209911_zpsad811693.jpg

KakaoTalk_20140817_131211037_zps760044b0.jpg

and we decorated the vinyl wall a little...

KakaoTalk_20140817_131204882_zps51b6333d.jpg

Just curious, the company I work for owns an Australian winery, Peter Lehmann. Don't know how popular it is in Oz but we're trying to grow it here in the US.

Ya know Guille it's quite comparable actually.
And I think I like the voice of the Shure cartridge.
Getting another to replace this soon.

Thanks to AK

There's an active Directly-Heated Triode pre function of my 300B SET moulding the source signal to be presented to a Linear Regulated PSU fed, TPA3116 (audiobah) based power amp.
This combo runs a pair of Audio Nirvana 15" drivers in Shindo-spec'd cabs.

The tubes are Sophia Electric Princess mesh plates, NOS Sylvania chrome-top 6SN7s & a NOS RCA 5R4G rectifier.

I think the 300B SET alone had a little gas issue when running the 15" drivers on a very loud volume, especially when part of the signal is sent to the dual subs.
The addition of the TPA3116 provides that extra muscle to the amplification.

The source is Frankenstein of a turntable - Rega RB700 arm implanted on a Kenny KD750 QDD table. The cartridge is a Denon 301mk2 LOMC.
The signal is sent to a Jasmine phono pre.

The records are VAC'd using a KAB-EV1.

And the listening room is acoustically treated with the DIY absorption panels on first reflection points.

The AN 15"s in the oversized cabs can push some good LF into the air, but I have a couple of Wharfedale subs DRC'd by a DSPeaker 8133 Cinema for the necessary Distributed Bass implementation.

KakaoTalk_20141220_203943396_zpsb8d0c898.jpg

Had a nice Denon for a little while:

KakaoTalk_20150118_194601268_zpscb0931b4.jpg

A true game changer added...almost makes me a source-first guy:

01_zpsjuoih6e9.jpg

Thats a handsome looking cart there my friend! Send it to St. Louis Mo...USA so I can see if it sounds as good as it looks! And while you're at it, go out and get the Micro DSD.....ditch the CDP, as the DSD will get you the analog/Vinyl sound.....all you need is a TT and a DSD DAC and you're set! But only when your ready to stop tinkering and settle down.

Thanks Byron. The thing is, I don't recall ever spinning a CD since I got this cartridge. Moreover, I don't really have a CDP. I have a dedicated CDT and a DAC only :D

Once there comes an affordable DSD DAC that can convert the redbook layer and streaming music into a DSD signal directly, I'll look into it.

For the time being all that my DAC does is playing movies and TV stuff other than very occasional BGM duties from Foobar.

I even plugged out my Squeezebox due to non-use!

Let me tell you something. Ya gotta stop mucking around with all that binary crap and MM nonsense, and delve into the real thing - a true LOMC :smoke:

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk 2

Mi Man....the LOMC is in the works along with a new phono amp....trust me! Im liking those Ortofon Cadenza carts as well....I feel ya 100%.

Oooooo nice! I've also considered the Cadenza myself!
Which Cadenza do you have in your mind?
And a new phono eh??? What is it come clean...! :smoke:

Thanks mate.

I had that Trinity for a few weeks only. It was a very nice sounding amp. For some reason my wife liked it better than Time Machine 300B before the TM was serviced. It sure had better bass if anything.

The name Trinity apparently implies that Earle the author of the amp wanted to simulate the triode sound, which I thought was quite successful. Obviously it had more power than the usual SETs. For all purposes I could have lived with it as an SET substitute.

Back
Top Bottom