antipodean audio

17918166019_0c17e7222c_b.jpg

Thanks man. The 300B is a budget-minded production yet it still sounds pretty sweet & transparent with zero hum which surprises me.

For this setup I've replaced the Audio-GD with Musical Fidelity M1 DAC (also in black). I like the sound of it better.

Looks like a NuForce uDAC-2 as well. It's a decent little DAC. I use mine for headphone listening from my laptop.

There was the first version. I used it for a long time but it had to go when I got the GD (which's gone by now too lol). A decent warm-sounding DAC.

I have to smirk wink and smile. Some 20 or so years ago when I blew my expensive Spendors my next quick and not too expensive speakers were the Celestion3s and later the Celestion5s. In fact the Celestion5s were my first near field desktop speakers. Its funny how they are still very relevant and interesting speakers

The Celestions have a nice sound stage and are good but far from great. But for anyone who is into near field desktop speakers they are very good indeed. I have a soft spot for nice affordable audio gear and the Celestion3s/5s got me through some challenging times.

Back
Top Bottom