Any fans of Art Dudley's Listener?

I throw mine away when the piles get too big. Any from the past decade or so should all be online, I would think.

I have many years of Stereophile, but no copies of Listener. They don't seem to have made it online beyond the occasional linked to review.

Ok, I just bought 23 back issues of Listener. Never leave me at home unattended on a day off with my computer.

It was my favorite magazine too, though I sadly joined the party too late. I didn't even purposefully get a subscription. It just appeared in my mailbox as a "substitute" for the recently scuttled "The Audiophile Voice" which itself was a substitute fulfillment subscription for "Audio" when THAT magazine folded. I only had the pleasure of getting ten issues. I was all ready to gleefully resubscribe when it, too, ceased printing.

I loved the magazine and I love Art and his writing. Though for me, a large chunk of the magazine's soul died when Harvey Rosenberg passed away. It never really was the same after that.

Thinking about it, I could really use a bunny right now.

Thinking about it, I could really use a bunny right now.

Baby-Bunny.jpg

Celt...you made my night, my friend!! :thmbsp:

Art realized the truth way back when: Bunny therapy ROCKS!

I have no idea what you guys are talking about in regards to the bunny, but its making me even more excited to get these issues of Listener.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about in regards to the bunny, but its making me even more excited to get these issues of Listener.

John, you are now entering into a new world. After the Listener, your audio life will never be the same again.

Plan to put aside a LOT of hours once they arrive. They are just an absolute blast to read.

John, you are now entering into a new world. After the Listener, your audio life will never be the same again.

Plan to put aside a LOT of hours once they arrive. They are just an absolute blast to read.

I was poking around looking for interconnects and figured this would be a better use of my money, being that I have plenty of nice RCA cables already. I have a new bookshelf/gearshelf coming next month, hopefully- and these will make a nice stack to put on there.

It was actually that previous linked to writeup that pushed me over the edge- you know, the one that was supposed to be an example of why not to read his column. A whole magazine of that? I'm in.

I was poking around looking for interconnects and figured this would be a better use of my money, being that I have plenty of nice RCA cables already. I have a new bookshelf/gearshelf coming next month, hopefully- and these will make a nice stack to put on there.

It was actually that previous linked to writeup that pushed me over the edge- you know, the one that was supposed to be an example of why not to read his column. A whole magazine of that? I'm in.

A clean a space on the bookshelf. You will be reaching for these over and over again. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

And anyhow, don't all those patch cords sound the same? :)

Enjoy the magazines, John. You lucky dog...

John, where did you find them?

I ran across them on audiogon. Probably overpaid but I paid the same amount as I was looking to spend on a pair of cables- and I'm sure I'll get more out of this, considering what cables I have laying around. I just switched from a balanced to unbalanced system and was looking for some replacements. Instead, I have winter reading material. A'gon is dangerous for me- forever I didn't have paypal and now that I do I just try not to go there. Its too easy to be tempted into buying something, but I'm pretty excited to get these.

Gotta love Art starting that from the beginning. A very twisted man. In a good way! :)

Back
Top Bottom