Any Fans of NPR's Tiny Desk Concerts?

bobsvinyl

Painfully Aware
I watch a variety of videos on YouTube and I've run into some of NPR's Tiny Desk Concerts and they are fun. They are very down to earth and relaxed. It looks like the groups really enjoy themselves in this small setting. They are also well recorded. There's everything from folk, funk, jazz, rap to alterative and indie rock. Here are a some I like.

George Clinton:

Tedeschi Trucks Band:

Woven Hand:

Richard Thompson:

Add any you enjoy.

Last edited:
They're sometimes interesting. It's a cool concept, in any case. It depends on whether I'm interested in the artist. I really enjoyed the King Krule one.

I haven't watched as many as I should have. I dig the Wilco ones.

That Tedeschi Trucks one is crazy. I saw them a few years ago, and recall thinking they had too many people on stage. How the heck do cram them into that space, lol?

I haven't watched as many as I should have. I dig the Wilco ones.

That Tedeschi Trucks one is crazy. I saw them a few years ago, and recall thinking they had too many people on stage. How the heck do cram them into that space, lol?

I thought the same thing about George Clinton.

I looked at that and wondered how they were going to land the mothership in there!

I follow them on Facebook. Over the last couple weeks they have been touring and at every stop, Live feeding segments of the shows and other interesting events they are involved in. On average, they put up 30 - 45 minutes of concert footage from the backstage vantage. Great stuff.

I follow them on Facebook. Over the last couple weeks they have been touring and at every stop, Live feeding segments of the shows and other interesting events they are involved in. On average, they put up 30 - 45 minutes of concert footage from the backstage vantage. Great stuff.
I'm not a big fan, but that is really cool.

I think it's a testament to NPR's creativity that they can build a multi-million dollar headquarters and NOT include a performance studio, then shoe-horn them into someplace they don't belong and make them sound good. And pretend that was the ideal all along...

I think it's a testament to NPR's creativity that they can build a multi-million dollar headquarters and NOT include a performance studio, then shoe-horn them into someplace they don't belong and make them sound good. And pretend that was the ideal all along...
Same way shopping malls get built without rest rooms. Nobody conciously thought to ensure it's included.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom