Any info on Wharfedale Denton Amplifiers?

slimecity

OK for starters, its a bit dubious that these could even have been considered to be "English" as they appear to have been made in Japan! Not that that's a bad thing of course.

I understand that the "Denton" name could have been reused by Wharfedale a few times for different amplifiers over the years. Does anyone have any info on the amplifier pictured? It pre-dates RCA connectors it appears.

I have an opportunity to buy one. I would like to refurb it but cant seem to find any data on it whatsoever....can anyone assist with advising if this amp is worth the effort to acquire (compared to say, one of my favourites, a Leak Stereo 30) and if there is any documentation available?

thanks!

565934625.jpg 565934633.jpg

Run away, fast! The published spec says 12wpc with a THD of 0.4%. S:N 65dB at best. (Quite probably single-rail supply.) I confidently predict that you would not like this amplifier.

Run away, fast! The published spec says 12wpc with a THD of 0.4%. S:N 65dB at best. (Quite probably single-rail supply.) I confidently predict that you would not like this amplifier.

Hmmmm, I've got to say it doesn't really look like a TOTL model by any means!

Back
Top Bottom