Any Interest in Another Chicago-Area Get Together?????

If anybody else wishes to attend, please express your interest here so I can send you instructions via PM in a couple of weeks.

Hi,

Have been a member for a few years. Visit the site daily and read. Don't post much.

Would be interested in meeting.

John

Kirk57 just mentioned this to me. I've been a member for about a year and live in Highland Park. I'd like to attend but I have another commitment that day but please send me info so that if something frees up, I can stop by and meet some of you. Rgds, Mike

This will be my 4th or 5th year in attendance. Definitely my favorite event of the year!

I hope I didn't stay too late last time. We had some wicked tunes playing in the lower level after dark last year. :p

I know they are pretty common, but is anyone interested in seeing a Technics 1200 MK II turntable? I can bring mine, though I remember there being far more high-end turntables on hand previous years.

(Side note: I have been less than pleased with my photo pre recently, so I would be interested in trying my 1200 on someone's trusted pre if one was available.)

-Joe

Damn, I'm going to be out of town that weekend! Otherwise I would *love* to be there and meet you guys, listen to some great music on really nice gear. Maybe next year, or if there is another one in the Chicagoland area this year.

Have fun!

Bob, will there be a live band to go along with the dancing? Remember, you promised last year... Hot Chili Meatballs, or something.

Information to be PM'd to all expressing interest this weekend.

hennessy, I was surprised to discover the Beatles had broken up so I guess there won't be a band this year. As for the meatballs, I may have promised Swedish meatballs and I'll see what I can do but making that much chili will take most of this Saturday. I'll just have to keep you in suspense.

One More???

Robie,

If there room for one more I'd like to join. I understand part of the fun is bringing favorite audio toys. Having never been before I have no Idea what's appropriate.

Some things I have that might be of interest are:

1. Set of small transmission lines Tang Band / Seas excel. Definite overachievers
2. Fully restore Yamaha NS-1000s American walnut veneer. Just finished these.
3. New oppo music server. I also have 900+ CD on a thumb drive for the Oppo
4. Triode Electronics ST-70 clone

I know Glenn Z. so I'll just get the address from him.

Thanks,
Dale

Dale and others, bring whatever is convenient to do so. That said, I do love the ST-70 and would love to hear it.

PMs going out soon to all that expressed interest in attending.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom