Any Interest in Another Chicago-Area Get Together?????

Messages sent by PM to all that expressed interest in attending in this thread. Let me know if you did not get one.

Robie, C. Weber just sent me the link for the GTG which I never saw. I would love to join. If anyone is interested in any of the equipment in my BT ad which I bumped to the top today, do let me know and I will try to bring with me, if manageable to do so!

Last edited:
Does anyone coming to Robie's have any amp stands they're not using? I need one for a heavy Melody 845 tube amp I recently purchased. If so please PM me with details. Thanks.

Where does this take place? Is there more information somewhere?

I'm new here at AK, and someone was nice enough to mention the get together in my intro thread. I'm on the north side of Chicago.

The Melody 845 is a totally different animal than the SP-3. Unfortunate it is WAY too heavy for me to bring, weighing in at 92 pounds! If you can send over a few weight lifters to transport it I might be tempted to bring it though:)

It appears that the Sony HAP-Z1ES has a usb port so if acceptable by the owner of the Sony HAP-Z1ES anyone could bring music. One of the benefits of that style player. For me one of the best parts of these is the opportunity to hear new music.

I may be able to attend. Where is the event?

I recently purchased a Auralic Vega DAC that is small and would be convenient to bring.

It appears that the Sony HAP-Z1ES has a usb port so if acceptable by the owner of the Sony HAP-Z1ES anyone could bring music. One of the benefits of that style player. For me one of the best parts of these is the opportunity to hear new music.

It's not that easy. Sony makes you re-format any external hard drive before it will recognize it. They also made it impossible to transfer files from it's own internal hard drive to an external one. With over 600 cds loaded already I'm sure I'll have something for everyone though.

Sorry to hear that about the Sony non-flexability. I have an Oppo which is happy to read any USB device. If people are interested in bringing USB based music I'll just throw the Oppo in the mix.

Just stumbled on this thread. Sounds like it'll be fun. I'd be interested in attending a future one, as I have family coming in this weekend. So, I should hopefully be more aware of the next one.

Back
Top Bottom