Any modern every day cars destined to become classics.

I bought my 2004 Silverado SS with the idea that it would eventually become a "Collectible-Classic" It only has 60,000miles on it and stays parked in my garage for months on end. But, I see some pretty abused ones driving around. I even saw one with ladder racks! Seems a shame, to me. But, I will probably never get rid of it. I have kept it "Bone-Stock", but it's still pretty healthy and fun to drive. Besides, it doesn't need to be restored (like my old Beetle and my '72 Cheyenne Pickup)
The more that others beat theirs up the rarer yours become.

Kinda what I was thinking, too. There has never been anything in the bed of the SS. Pristine, like new.

The more that others beat theirs up the rarer yours become.
This is true also.
May I nominate my LH Supreme? Around these parts there are very few of these to be seen and when you do see one, it'll be pretty beaten up. I've owned and driven mine for 16 years - it is 18 years old so I guess, maybe, technically it could be considered almost a classic if for nothing more than age alone.

Attachments

• 99 LHS 004.jpg
    99 LHS 004.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 99 LHS 001.jpg
    99 LHS 001.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 99 LHS 003.jpg
    99 LHS 003.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 17
the Edsel

I like Edsels. I would definitely drive a Bermuda.

es580303.jpg

Look at those taillights, nobody would ever have a clue which way you intend to go.

Are the newer post 1970-up high end luxo cars like Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Maybach, Bugatti, ect potential classics or white elephants made with volatile nla components. I've noticed precipitous devaluation of modern era Bentleys, f.I.

Thinking 1st gen Viper is a domestic candidate, depending on originality and cdx of course

BMW E30
BMW E36
BMW E46
BMW E28
BMW E34
BMW E39

I`ve owned all of the above, (except for the E34), all are great examples of a sporting sedan.

I'm keeping my E39 540/6 speed because it will be a collector and I've always gone for rear wheel drive quick cars. I've never owned a front wheel drive. In my mind 240sx, any 3xx z, any rear wheel drive "handling" car. I have no idea about the future per the original question. I used to think I did, but I see kids putting off even getting a license well into their 20s. This will be an interesting thread to follow.

When you watch T.|V. shows or movies from the 50's and 60's every car you see can be considered something special today.
This is so true.
Last night we watched the movie "Duel" with Dennis Weaver and even his Plymouth Valiant looked fly!
The old Peterbilt didn't look too bad either!:smoke:

This is so true.
Last night we watched the movie "Duel" with Dennis Weaver and even his Plymouth Valiant looked fly!
The old Peterbilt didn't look too bad either!:smoke:
I watched that last night too. As a truck driver myself I got some evil ideas.

I watched that last night too. As a truck driver myself I got some evil ideas.
I worked for a gasoline pipeline terminal for 20 years and was around more transports than I'll ever remember. That old Peterbuilt could sure "carry the mail"!
Looked like he might of had a little gasoline mixed into his fuel tanks too.:D

When you watch T.|V. shows or movies from the 50's and 60's every car you see can be considered something special today.
Recently watched the 1955 film "Kiss Me Deadly", starring Ralph Meeker as private eye Mike Hammer....filmed in black & white, two things impressed me....Hammer had a telephone answering machine built into the living room wall of his apartment....it was based on a small reel-to-reel deck that appeared to run at around 15 ips (!). The other thing was Mike`s then-brand-new 1954 or 1955 Corvette, a black beauty. What a nice car, especially back then....

Back
Top Bottom