Any NEX or Sony mirrorless users ?

Markoneswift

Quartz locked n ready to rock
I really enjoyed my NEX-C3 and used it exclusively with legacy prime lenses.

I regretted selling it so I recently picked up another NEX - a 5n - with the 16mm F/2.8 pancake and the 18-55 kit lense.

I'm looking to get some legacy lenses and adapters but whilst I organise that I'm hoping to do astrophotography with the 16mm. I will post any worthy of looking at !

Nice.

I had a NEX-C3 for a while with the kit lens and the Sigma 19mm f2.8 lens.

That Sigma was great for the price. I sold a handful of high contrast B&W shots I took using that lens at a festival and one to a customer of his historic house.

Hell of a rig for the price and the size.

I reckon I got a good enough deal too. The 5n with both lenses, three batteries, charger and 16gd card cost me about $270 US.

I think you have me beat by a bit and I thought I got a really good deal. Maybe I did at the time.

My camera and kit lens were $180 and the Sigma was $150. Both used of course.

Not one of the cameras in the OP, but the Sony sensors are fantastic. I have the RX 100 mk3 and it takes fantastic photos.

My first Sony mirrorless was the A7II. Had a lot of fun with it and gifted it to my daughter when I upgraded to the A7RIII. I'm very happy with it and no longer feel the need to upgrade the body. Lenses are another story, I started out with mostly old manual Minolta lenses. Then the Tech Art Pro came out and made old manual lenses auto focus, so more lenses and more adapters. I have some pretty good lenses and I think that I have what I need, but I am always looking for that special lens with a special draw. Have fun and shoot what you enjoy.

I've been round in circles with cameras actually. Started out wih Canon 350d, 450 and 550 ( a lovely camera I thought ) but got disheartened with cheap lenses and couldn't afford good ones.

I then decided a good bridge camera would be better but immediately missed the image quality of the DSLR.

Next I discovered mirrorless and adapters and cheap legacy lenses and I was in heaven ! Bought a Nex and then a Fuji X-E1 but circumstances at the time forced them to be sold

Now I'm back to Nex and collecting legacy glass once more :)

I've been running around with the 42.4 mp, Sony full-framed, mirrorless A7Riii for the last couple months. It's insanely good and super sharp with the native G and G-Master lenses.

My first Sony mirrorless was the A7II. Had a lot of fun with it and gifted it to my daughter when I upgraded to the A7RIII. I'm very happy with it and no longer feel the need to upgrade the body. Lenses are another story, I started out with mostly old manual Minolta lenses. Then the Tech Art Pro came out and made old manual lenses auto focus, so more lenses and more adapters. I have some pretty good lenses and I think that I have what I need, but I am always looking for that special lens with a special draw. Have fun and shoot what you enjoy.
Skip the adaptors and get a native Sony G or G-Master lens. Otherwise you're wasting the A7RIII. The one that's on my camera most of the time is the 24-105mm G. It is pricey, but you'll never go back to anything else.

I have the 24-70 G master, the 70-200 f4 G, the 24-105 f4 G, the Zony 55 1.8, the 16-35 G f4, the Sony fe 85 1.8, the Zeiss 135 Batis 2.8, the Samyang 35 1.4, the Sigma 100-400 C ( with MC-11 ), and I have the Tamron 28-75 2.8. So I think I have most focal lengths covered in auto focus. Adapters let me use the old manual lenses that are a blast to use and have characteristics that modern lenses don't have (good and bad ), and the 42 mp is awesome. I'm letting my daughter use the 24-70 G master and she has it glued to her A7II.

All you A7 owners can stop showing off now !!

Just kidding - I REALLY wanted an A7 but just couldnt quite stretch the budget that far and even then I couldnt afford the lenses to really do it justice so it's the NEX 5 and kit lenses / adapted legacy for me.

My son has the A7III and uses a Sigma I believe it's a 1.8. He's doing some amazing stuff and I haven't seen better video from a camera that size

Back
Top Bottom