Any Nikonese out there?

I own two Nikon F2's, a FM, and a bunch of lenses. I now keep them for sentimental reasons only. I should sell them to finance more speaker purchases. :naughty:

cubdog

This thread "made" me buy an old Vivitar 90-230 mm (IIRC) f4.5 zoom with Nikon mount from ol' Doc Bottlehead! It's a nice complement to the lenses I already had, and the price was way right.

I have 23 Nikons from a F2AS to a D70. I also have a bunch of Canons and Lecias. The older manual focus Nikkors do not work on the D70, but all my autofocus Nikkors work well on the D70 with a 1.5X magnification factor. The newer Nikons except the F5,F6 and F100 are made in Thailand. My N80 was the first Nikon I ever bought that gave me problems and had to go back to the factory. I really like my D70.

I've owned and FA and an 8008. Both are fabulous cameras. Having been a trader for far too long, I kept neither for more than a couple years before I went to something else.

Wish I'd have kept them both but, especially, the FA. What a splendid machine. And the 8008? Still one of my favorite autofocus SLRs. The newer
models may focus faster but the 8008 is durable AND capable AND fits my hand like it was custom made.

I currently own and enjoy a Nikkormat EL with 55 mm f/3.5 Micro-Nikkor. I won't be selling this one! It weighs about the same as a Hummer H3 and is probably more solid. I think it will outlast both of my Maxxums, especially the 3xi. That Maxxum 7000 is pretty bulletproof and is a splendid camera but it's not as much fun to shoot with as that old Nikon - although I must admit the Maxxums are much easier to lug around!

Last edited:
yeppers on the N8008s...still have one along with an N80, really like both of them ...course I got a stable of lenses, flashes and backs to go with them. Still shoot a lot of B&W and traditionally develop/print all my B&W stuff (nikon lenses in the darkroom as well)...the Nikons are the newer cameras of the lot... got a few 50's and 60's camera that I have managed to revive into a second life as well (note lighter fluid is like deoxit to the old camera fiddler), but none are Nikon's (no Leica's ether :no: )...still looking for some deals on those but no takers so far...

I have to admit going to the darker side (but only temporarily) with a Canon A70 for digital...like someone mentioned above Canon clearly was and arguably still is ahead in the digital market...but I am just wanting for the N50/70's pricing to come down a bit more before jumping on board with one of those platforms...yet another expensive hobby :yes: ....a

I have a decent collection of older Nikon stuff. 2 rangefinders (S2, SP, and a few lenses), at least 6 F's and a few F2's, with many lenses, finders and accessories, and some F3's, which were the last 35mm cameras that I used on the job. I've only saved the more rare or excellent quality stuff. If I feel like shooting a roll of film I grab the S2. I have a bunch of other 35mm, medium and large format cameras and lenses, also. I make sure that I go through all of them twice a year and work the shutters and controls. Keeps them young.

Way back in the day I had a Nikon F, followed by an FA and most recently just picked up a new V1 - 1 very cool little camera.

I use my Nikon semi professional, being a journalist. I just had 2: a F801-s with the detachable back and now the roughly comparable D80.

I think I beat all you guys. I have 2 Apollo version Ftns, a plain F2 no meter, a F2 photomic, 3 F2 AS's, 3 FA's, 2 FE 2,2 fm2, 2 fg, an El2, 3 F5, F100, D70, D90, D3200, D5100, D7000, D800 and a Nikon S.

'

My modest collection of Nikon products, includes a F60 35mm SLR (European version), a D70s, a D100 and a S6100 P&S, plus assorted lenses.

Damn, I was wondering why people were lusting after the D-70....it's a 7 year old thread lol. That said, my wife loves her D70s and 18-200 combo. I also have an old (1982 -83 era from the serial number) 50 mm f1.4 ais that I love, nice tight, smooth buttery focus ring.

Last edited:
502597.jpg

http://josephgreco.weebly.com/nikon.html

also have N70, Coolpix 4300, D80

I have a Nikon F2a that I bought new when I was overseas. I still have about three different lenses with it and an 80-200 telephoto lens. Haven't used it in some time. I'll probably put it all up on barter town soon. All is still in the metal case with stickers of all the countries I visited and lived.

I did own a Nikon F body that was...ahem...*borrowed* from me and never returned. :tears:
A far better camera than the Canon AE1 with shaky mirror syndrome that it replaced.

I also have a L20 Coolpix that does a fine job for a budget camera.
It's currently packed up to head out to California for repair to a failed battery hatch door.

Big fan of their film cameras. At present I have an F2 SB, F3 hp with motor and this beast, a 1970 F, eye level finder and F36 motor.

_MG_8580.jpg
[/IMG]

_MG_8576.jpg
[/IMG]

F, F Photemic and F2, currently, but planning a transition to digital. I used to shoot and exhibit pretty seriously, but not much since 2005ish. My first camera was an FA.

The Nikon stuff is great, but I can't imagine a scenario where I do traditional "wet" darkroom stuff again.

:yes: I've suffered from Nikon Acquisition Syndrome (NAS) for many years. I'm saddled with a collection of more than two dozen lenses ranging from older manual focus fast primes to modern AF-S zooms. I sold my FM2n and FE2 but I still have the FT3, FG, FA, FM3a, F3 (with virtually every accessory ever made for it), F801s, F80, F100, and a 35Ti. Just recently made the move to digital with a D300, it may lack the elegance of the F3 but it is a really nice and very capable camera. :thmbsp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom